Are you an experienced Graphic Designer within the Consumer Goods industry? Do you have a solid understanding of the behaviours and dynamics of the retail industry in an omni-channel world? Are you Looking for a new challenge?
My client is a key player within the outdoor industry who specialise in leisure products. The business has seen incredible growth in the last 3 years and has positioned themselves as a key player in their sector. As a result of this success, they are looking for their next talented professional to join their Products team, as an experienced Graphic Designer.
As the Graphic Designer you will report directly to the Head of Product and have the responsibility to work as part of a growing and established team. You will be responsible for conceptualise, design and execute creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate the company's brand identity, positioning and messaging through all brand touch points (including print, TV, website, email, social media, retail, events, B2B and B2C marketing collateral, internal marketing and packaging), and effectively communicate the strategic intent for each tactic. This strategic, conceptual thinker will have a wide range of design capabilities and experience, with a solid background in visual communications, commercial art, print, digital, photography, video, branding and typography.
This is a fast-moving environment where you will be working with well-known branded products so knowledge of this area would be ideal for this role.
- Possess solid understanding of consumer behaviours and market dynamics of the retail industry
in an omni-channel world.
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills. Able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organisation and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects.
- Solution oriented, hard worker who is passionate about visual design and marketing.
- Proactive, with the ability to work well independently and as a team.
- Professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic and willingness to observe and learn.
- Takes direction well and be able to excel in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all work consistently meets established brand standards and guidelines.
If you are looking for fast career progression, then this opportunity will certainly offer that. There is scope for this role to develop into a bigger position in the future and my client is looking for someone that can grow with the business, where you will become part of 'their family'.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a similar role and have background in consumer goods. You will have experience working in a fast-passed environment and have an entrepreneurial attitude to business. You will not be deterred by a hands-on role and working closely as part of a team. You will also have a complete understanding of all aspects of a Graphic Design role, which include and are not limited to:
- Colour theory and colour relationships.
- Typographic terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings.
- Perspective and space relationships.
- Page composition and grid structures.
- Print production process and knowledge of production techniques.
- Photography and the photographic process.
- Have a strong portfolio ready for review upon request.
- Communicate thorough knowledge of online and retail marketing.
- Provide effective direction at photo shoots.
- Effectively collect electronic materials for output.
- Effectively handle multiple assignments at one time.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, advertising, or related discipline.
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in branding, print and web design, working within an in-house creative department or other creative team environment.
- Omni-channel retail experience strongly preferred.
- Mastered composition techniques (multiple elements and interactive pieces) in producing polished final pieces.
- Comprehensive photo-retouching and image development skills.
- Experience in packaging design
- Mac platform, expert in Adobe Creative Suite with experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you feel that you would be a perfect candidate for this role, please apply to be considered