National Account Manager – Food - (Wholesale / Etail / Fine Foods)
£30k - £40K + Car + Bonus + 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a family run confectionery business, established over ten years ago, supplying all the major retailers with branded and private label products.
They create exclusive partnerships with Food Manufacturers across Europe and in the US and act as a dedicated UK office with responsibility for Account Management, Business Development, Project Management, Supply Chain, New Product Development and Marketing for their own branded and private label products.
Following substantial growth over the past 10 years through supplying other channels such as Wholesale, Etail, Gifting Retailers and 2nd tier Retailers, they are now looking to add a National Account Manager to the team, who will be responsible for the management of a number of accounts across different channels. Some of the customers you will manage include Tree Of Life, Coop, Spar, Costco and some Etail accounts.
The Role will report into the Managing Director and sit within a team of four.
- Negotiate, liaise and progress contracts for all account activity
- Manage accounts to align with business expectations and deliver budget
- Identify any new business opportunities within the retail market
- Support the Senior National Account Manager with other major accounts
- Work cross functionally with other teams in the business
- Use of EPOS and other data systems to analyse market data
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Excellent selling / negotiating skills
- Worked within the food industry for at least 3 years
- The ability to hunt and identify new business opportunities
- The ability to express new ideas to the team
- The ability to influence others
If you are a hungry, driven, adaptable, passionate, progressive individual that is eager to learn, and you have worked in a sales position for over 2 years, within the food industry. Someone who is not afraid to get involved in different areas of the business. This would be perfect for someone that has had to manage multiple accounts, worked within a family run business previously and is looking to join a business where the development of people is greatly encouraged.
It is preferable that you have worked with ambient food products previously however not essential.
If you have the right skillset and background to apply, please send your CV to Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that all third-party applications will be sent to Clear Edge, we are working in partnership with this business. Any speculative CVs will be sent to us and if relevant they will be included in the process through Clear Edge.