My client is a manufacturer of Health, Beauty and Personal Care products. They produce a wide range of products across many sectors of the Health & Beauty industry.
Due to growth, the company are recruiting a Business Development Manager for their Contract manufacturing department. Working with brands such as Molton Brown and The White Company.
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for all Product Development, Sales and Commercial elements of customer relationship with key retail accounts, driving sales and profit/margin performance, always Ensuring highest levels of customer service.
Commercial and Sales Management
- Initiate and drive a strategic trading sales plan in each key account to maximise the business and total sales
- Working with the customer to identify new product opportunities and to develop their brand.
- Full profit and loss management for each key account
- Prepare quotations to send to customers
- Price negotiation with customers
- Ensure comprehensive and timely handover to the Product Manager on NPD projects
- Initiate and drive product cost engineering where needed
- Managing product commercially throughout its lifecycle ( impact of cost increases / change of specification / sales order volume change )
- Producing sales budget to include sales/ margin and NPD costs ( where applicable )
- Tracking monthly sales V budget.
- Working with Customer Service Team to identify any potential Pull Forwards from next month.
- Tracking adherence to sales budget and reporting to the business shortfalls / gains.
- Produce post launch reviews, for internal and customer use
- Managing the key account interface with customer teams to include buyers, technical & product managers and supply teams.
- Understanding of customer processes + requirements of a vendor; including supplier KPI’s
- Circulate Customer Supplier Manuals to relevant departments and ensure all checked and comments managed with customer
- Responsible for leading the generation, preparation, and delivery of customer presentations.
- Day to day customer interface – driving and owning all meetings / conference calls including all meeting preparation and meeting minutes together with issuing and ensuring follow through is actioned and closed off.
- Assessment of new customer briefs. Preparing New Project Approval Forms for sign off
- Management of customer briefs/tenders. Briefing and leading the wider team on new briefs.
- Agreeing Initial CPA with customer to meet required launch dates.
- Overseeing that all launches and NPD projects are delivered on time against CPA and managed with relevant Customer teams
- Monitoring and managing with the team any customer quality issues –ensuring managed and communicated with the customer to closure.
- Ensure all customers are provided a supply manual and signed up.
Order /Stock Management
- Requesting forecasts from customers on a regular basis to understand future business requirements.
- Tracking budget V forecast
- Ensuring that Sales Order Dates are checked before adding to the IBS and achievable
- Management of exit plans on discontinued lines to minimise exposure on stock holding and profitability impact.
- Managing customer stocks ( BOP and FG ) and reporting on the Monthly Stock Report . All excess and residuals are identified and managed efficiently (disposal / returning (free issue) or charging onto customers.
- Responsible for overseeing that stock is being produced in time to meet forecast or sales order (made to order ) . Communicating with customers if there are issues and offering solutions where appropriate
- Management of free issue components – work with QC to ensure any reworks are charged for .
- Management of Customer shortages; ensure appropriate Customer teams are aware in advance of potential issues.
- Commercially astute
- Natural driver of activity
- Passionate about the Health and Beauty market and products
- Team player and team leader
- Excellent communication skills
- Insightful – able to identify opportunities
- Flexible , fluid approach able to react to change positively
- Evidence of driving and managing key multiple retail/brand accounts
- Evidence of producing sales growth within key retail/brand accounts
- Evidence of successful relationship building within key retail/brand accounts
- Management of multiple product types and categories within key retail/brand accounts
- Manufacturing experience