Interested in making the leap from food to non-food consumer goods?
A global consumer goods manufacturer with huge reach supplying millions of people across the globe with their well-made and innovatively designed products.
Sustainability remains at the core of what they do.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to join my client managing and developing their grocery accounts. You will be tasked with the following:
- Customer Strategy and Implementation
- Develop key customer sales strategies and plans to deliver retail goals and support the overall UK strategy, leveraging;
- Category Management, marketing, finance and supply chain
- Market intelligence and insights
- Competitor analysis
- Customer knowledge
- Develop initiatives to drive customer performance
- Proactively develop solutions to increase sales.
- Achieving Financial Performance Measures
- Gross Margin, Net Sales and Volume
- Trade investment %
- Market share and growth
- Undertake appropriate administration to support strategic delivery
- Conduct customer reviews as required to identify opportunities and refine initiatives
- Develop innovative in-market plans to successfully drive and support growth
- Administer all aspects of the accounts – Trade Spend, Forecasting, Promotional plans, Return on Investment
- Identify new customers and formulate plans to establish products within them
- Identify, plan and implement promotional programmes for each customer
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a FMCG supplier managing a major grocery retailer
- Experience working autonomously and as a member of a small team
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- A demonstrable history of first-rate management of customers in the FMCG channel
- Customer Management experience of at least one major grocery retailer
- Sales activation in the FMCG channel, or within the emerging customers
- Experience in other channels – ideally emerging/online channels
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills positioning you as a proficient influencer and builder of important relationships creating pathways to “get things done” through formal and informal channels.
- Microsoft office (Excel and PowerPoint)
Interested in learning more?
To apply to this role please send your CV along with a brief cover note and your salary expectations to Shelley Velati at Cavendish Maine using the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.