JOB ROLE: Head of Marketing – South London – Competitive Salary
This company is on a mission to become the number one natural peanut butter brand in the UK in the next 3 years. They source the finest peanuts and have meticulous production processes creating a mind blowing product. Existing consumers are willing to pay more for it, more often and its introducing new people to peanut butter every day. This is an extremely exciting time to join the company.
- Ownership of overall brand marketing strategy and delivery of activation plans to help achieve their goal of becoming the number one natural peanut butter brand in the UK by 2023.
- Deliver impactful brand activity, working with limited budget and resources
- Build a compelling and innovative comms strategy – delivering digital, social media and PR initiatives that drive high consumer engagement whilst ensuring return on investment.
- Key stakeholder in NPD and EPD projects, including design and packaging to deliver on-brand messaging and creative.
- Ownership of marketing budget with a constant focus on delivering ROI.
- Represent the company’s marketing function at Board level.
- Drive brand awareness and brand love at home and abroad.
- Improve the company’s understanding of the consumer to best in class.
- Drive multi-channel sales growth of at least 100% YoY through delivering best in class activation.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a brand guardian across all markets ensuring our brand identity and tone of voice is consistent and on brand at all times.
- Working closely with sales, operations and finance owing the planning and implementation of all Trade and Brand Marketing activity .
- Manage and develop our existing marketing resource.
- Develop and agree measurable KPI’s for all marketing activity.
- Develop our consumer insight. Taking the lead on conducting bespoke consumer research as required to lead and validate marketing decisions and NPD projects.
- Be the customer champion and continually maintain and update customer pen portraits.
- Maintain effective internal communications to engage the company around marketing activities.
- Consistently report on and learn from all marketing initiatives.
- Build knowledge of the category and ensure regular reporting on what the competition is doing.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7+ years marketing experience within FMCG food or drink
- Experience of working in an FMCG SME or Start-Up environment
- Ability to deliver at both a strategic and operational level
- Excited by the challenge and growth opportunities within a start-up culture
- Ability to deliver impactful brand activity, working with limited budget and resources
- Very savvy with digital and social media activity and willing to roll their sleeves up.
- Ability to multi-task across projects and deliver work at pace
- A broad Marketing background.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a strong ability to influence and negotiate across all levels internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize successfully.
- Ability to react positively to rapidly evolving brand requirements.
- Personal drive, tenacity and energy.
- Results oriented with strong analytic skills and business sense.
- Proven experience of and ability to perform as part of a small entrepreneurial team
- Strong presentation skills and used to presenting to audiences.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Team player, positive, high energy and resilient
Good to haves:
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Salary: Competitive
- EMI options scheme
- Bike to work scheme
Nova Search and Selection is operating as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.