Operations Manager – Fresh Produce
Competitive Salary, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, health care and bonus
Our client is one of the UKs fastest growing fresh produce organisations, whose YoY growth has exceeded over 15% consistently. As Operations Manager you will be joining a business who supply into key Top 4 and 2nd tier retailers all year round, supplying produce in fresh, IQF and ambient formats. Our clients state of the art infrastructure is constantly innovating and is supported by a forward thinking, family run team which continues to help the business realise it’s true potential.
As Operations Manager you will take responsibility for the strategic planning of operational budgets, labour scheduling, site and people performance. Working in conjunction with the Farm Manager and reporting into the Operations Director, it is imperative that you build strong working relationships with all internal stakeholders in order to deliver operational excellence all year round.
Further accountabilities include:
- Ensuring all H&S policies are adhered to by employees and temporary labour. Providing training where required and reporting any concerns to the Farm Manager and Fresh Fruit Production.
- Developing and implementing operational strategy. Continually reviewing and adjusting the strategy in line with internal and external changes.
- Aligning and leading the harvesting team to ensure engagement, high performance and delivery of KPIs.
- Managing a team of 2 direct reports operating at middle management across operations and quality.
- Ensuring all farm machinery is fit for purpose and all farm buildings are maintained in good order.
- Continuous Improvement.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have experience operating as an Operations Manager within the Fresh Produce industry and have a detailed / practical understanding of farming operations. It is important you are a strong communicator, proactive and able to deliver operational excellence across all levels.
Please contact Clear Edge Search & Selection if you would like a confidential discussion regarding this exciting opportunity.