Who We’re Seeking to Join Our Team:
The successful candidate ideally holds 10+ years of experience in a senior project management, marketing, category, or market research role and will lead some of our industry defining research programmes. Current or recent experience of the UK grocery industry is a must-have with either a strong supplier or retailer background.
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
The Programme Director leads the strategic design and delivery of key Advantage benchmarking programmes in the UK & Ireland business. He/she will be a great team player working with the UK programme management and client service team to manage annual research programmes through the key stages of design, specification, fieldwork, data analysis and insight, and report production and delivery. Advantage Group International is a global business and the Programme Director will also work with colleagues in our global office in Toronto and other markets.
Project Design & Management Excellence
- Collaborates with the Managing Director, Operations Director, Client Service Director, and the Programme Management team in the UK and Toronto to ensure that the Advantage programmes are designed and run on schedule and fit within the overall company-wide strategic goals to deliver high quality added-value insight
- With the Operations Director, and the local Programme Managers and Coordinators, the Programme Director manages the local activities necessary for the design, specification, execution and reporting of key Advantage benchmarking programmes in the UK & Ireland market
- Works with the Operations Director, Programme management team, and our team of interviewers and editors, to successfully complete the qualitative research phase of the Advantage programmes.
- With the other Directors, Programme Managers and Coordinators, communicates with supplier clients and retailers in follow-ups by phone, VC, and/or email to ensure fieldwork is managed to the right quality and meets key milestone timings. Reviews ratings received to ensure the quality of the data, response rates, and coverage are tracked and targets achieved
- Compiles supplier and retailer intelligence from different data sources, and according to GDPR or other relevant standards and requirements.
- With the Operations Director, and local Programme Management team, gathers research requirements from Suppliers and Retailers; ensuring that they are captured in the programme set-up and specification
- With the Operations Director, Programme Managers and Coordinators, monitors survey response and coverage and makes critical decisions to correct gaps and ensure fieldwork meets key milestones
- Collaborates with the Operations Director and the Programme Management team in Toronto on the preparation and verification of data processing and reporting specifications, and in assuring the integrity and quality of the data
Insights and Client-Service Support
- Collaborates with the Managing Director, Operations Director, Client Service Director and the Client facing team, and the Programme Management team in Toronto to ensure the delivery of insightful reports that are closely aligned with Supplier and Retailer business needs, to the agreed schedule.
Where You’ll be Located:
This role is preferably office based in the UK at our office in Somerset. Expected travel is moderate but may be higher at peak times of the year:
- Meetings with and presentations to senior retailer and supplier clients in the UK/Ireland will be required.
- Occasional meetings at our Global office in Toronto or regionally in Europe
- Use of VC, telephone, or teleconference frequently
What We’re Looking For:
- University degree
- 10+ years of relevant grocery industry project management, research, category, or marketing experience
- Current or recent experience of working with and understanding UK grocery industry retailers and manufacturers. Has a demonstrable knowledge of current market dynamics
- Knowledge of other retail, digital and wholesale sales channels is desirable
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau or other BI tools is considered an asset
- Proven ability to communicate in English (verbal and written)
The Capabilities and Skills that Matter:
- Numerate and possesses a keen eye for detail and is comfortable with data analysis
- Strong English language skills for analysis of qualitative insight
- Polished presentation skills. Comfortable and confident working with both small and large audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and with senior supplier/retailer contacts
- Reliably works with limited supervision and a high sense of urgency
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Team player
The Competencies We Value:
Advantage Group has identified the following set of competencies that successful managers, are expected to demonstrate and develop in the role over time. Most of these will apply to the Programme Director role.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward; ability
to accurately analyse situations and reach productive decisions based on informed
Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience of and ability to
participate effectively as part of a team.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail
Understanding the value of accuracy and attention to detail; the ability to process
information with high levels of accuracy.
Understanding and applying effective communications concepts, tools, and
techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas,
information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and
ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Flexibility and Adaptability
Dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
Managing Multiple Priorities
The ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities,
making effective judgments about prioritising and time allocation.
Helping Others Succeed
Supporting others to improve performance and meet career and organisation’s
goals; and the ability to motivate individuals and teams both internally and externally with clients
Client Leadership and Market Knowledge
Builds strong internal and external client relationships and delivers client centric solutions. Possesses a strong understanding of the UK and Ireland grocery market environment and dynamics.
Advantage offers an attractive salary package with fringe benefits.