Head of Buying – FMCG (food and drinks)
Location - London
Salary up to £60,000 plus benefits
Our Client is a rapidly expanding FMCG/Wholesale Business. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Head of Buying.
We are looking for someone with experience in the food and drinks FMCG sector to join business. You will be tasked with Sourcing, Product Innovation and much more.
Responsibilities as the Head of Buying:
- Create and manage a product category and range strategy, to deliver against the brand guidelines and business strategy to meet the needs of the consumer segments, brands and channels
- Manage the product category P&L to optimise performance and return on investment
- Responsible for engineering processes and systems for our procurement team. Ensuring the procurement strategy is well understood by the buyers, and controls are in place to ensure they are able to carry out work in a process driven way
- To lead the sourcing and supplier strategy, supplier negotiation and supplier management for their given brand.
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to achieve the best deals to maximize over-riders, promotional rebates, listings and marketing fees s through supplier JBPs to support the company’s growth plans.
- Recruit, train, develop, lead and motivate a team to ensure that the business and segment objectives are met
- FMCG Food and drink buying experience
- Distribution and wholesaling experience are a must!
- You have created and monetized joint business plans with suppliers in the past
- Pricing features and the availability of our products to enhance our customer experience.
- Excellent commercial awareness
Please apply now for a confidential discussion.