For several decades, One Harvest’s extraordinary business has grown to include four facilities, one farm and more than 1,000 team members across Australia that grow, harvest, process and supply their unique and value-add produce to supermarkets and green grocers around the country. They are proud to be a market leader in the fresh food/FMCG industry and have gained a reputation for innovation, sustainability and a shared passion for quality.
They are now seeking an executive-level commercial sales leader to strategically direct and manage all sales, marketing, innovation, business development and branding activities of the business. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will offer a high level of business and commercial acumen, strong internal and external stakeholder engagement skills and well-developed leadership capabilities.
As Chief Commercial Officer, you will:
- Take ownership of the senior customer relationships, engaging at a level where industry, category and strategic insights are gained and shared with the Executive Leadership Team and Board.
- Establish deep industry connections across the convenience, fresh food and retail sectors globally, representing the Company in industry forums as required.
- Play a key role in ensuring the Company’s stakeholder engagement (customers, people, industry and community) is aligned to its commercial growth and customer engagement objectives.
- Determine a path to sustainable competitive advantage and ensure strong customer relationships and partnerships are being built in line with the Company’s sustainable competitive advantage and market positioning.
- Mentor and develop the commercial team, consistently leading by example to encourage high performance, productivity and growth.
- Draw insights from experienced team members and convert such knowledge into innovative and effective solutions.
- Encourage successful and collaborative relationships between operational and commercial functions.
- Have an appetite for a challenge, defined by a growth ambition that can only be realised through tenacity and resilience.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant equivalent level experience with category management and senior retail customer engagement within the FMCG and/or fresh foods sector.
- Degree-level qualification, or equivalent experience in a business-related discipline.
- Executive-level commercial leadership experience with a strong affinity with, and respect for, profit and margin accountability across the entire supply chain.
- The ability to operate at high and low altitude (in the business and on the business)
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to join a recognised leader in the FMCG and Agri-business sector and contribute to the success of an ever-evolving company that is making a real difference in the health of Australians. One Harvest has an impressive and strong growth forecast for their future and remain focused on creating a sustainable organisation for their employees and their families.
All applications will be forwarded to our UK retained partner, Steve Barnes @ SJS Consulting.