Reporting to Plant Director, the Operations Manager provides team leadership, direction and oversight to the multiple operations of the Plant through our high-performance work systems and Total Productive Maintenance methodologies, systems and tools to build a high-performance culture of continuous improvement and enhance organizational capability. It is also an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an expansive leadership opportunity as the role sits on the Site Leadership Team.
Littleborough Plant is very high-speed wet condiments manufacturing site, with multi packing lines which play key role in the EMEA region in Flavour Solutions division (https://www.mccormickflavoursolutions.co.uk). McCormick globally sells to top 10 food & beverage companies and the top 10 food service restaurant chains.
• Empowering people - team leadership, including coaching, training and motivating personnel (6 direct reports).
• Ensuring all team members have meaningful training and development plans linked to their career aspirations and capabilities.
• Recognising & arranging for training requirements throughout the Manufacturing function to ensure employees are satisfactorily trained & competent to function correctly & safely in their duties.
• Co-ordinating & controlling all daily factory manufacturing activities within Littleborough site.
• Working closely with Site Leadership Team and external stakeholders (Engineering, R&D, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Regulatory Compliance, HR, Finance).
• Ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies in accordance with GMP, HSE & EHO requirements, etc.
• Involvement in the capital process to drive future optimise operational performance & the controllable cost base.
• Providing insight for revenue and capital spend as required to optimise operational performance and cost base.
• Ensuring customer service levels are met. Directing the resolution of justified customer complaints.
• Maintaining a product tracking system in the event that product retrieval is necessary.
• Ensuring the factories have a robust Food Safety programme, measured through AIB, STAR, EHO, etc.
• Ensuring the Factory maintains, or improves, its safety record (MSP audit measure).
• Establishing manufacturing improvements to ensure production & process outputs are increased.
• Managing departmental budgets for Manufacturing (including monitoring, controlling & reducing where possible).
• Monitoring KPI’s in the Manufacturing department for HSE, production & processing to record & identify rejects, work in progress, scrap, efficiency, line impacts, right first time & rework to be measured & tracked.
• Significant experience in leadership role in a manufacturing plant environment (in operations/ production area).
• Experience in managing large teams, including managing complex Employee Relations cases (coaching, development plans, health and well-being, dismissals).
• Strong people leader. Proven track of driving talent agenda and developing high performing teams.
• Experience in cross functional internal & External stakeholder’s management in a matrix organisation.
• Strong influencing and change management skills.
• Demonstrated project management skills (planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about successful project completion) ad strategic thinking ability.
• Experience working in TPM and Lean Manufacturing environments is preferred.
• HSE qualification (NEBOS, ISOH or equivalent) would be a significant asset.
• Ability to drive Continuous Improvement agenda.
• Knowledge of an ERP (SAP preferred), manufacturing methods and related equipment.
• Experience in the development and managing of large departmental forecasting with a good level of financial acumen.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 76665).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.