- Extremely successful, market leading FMCG and retail brand, with £multi billion turnover
- Customers first choice in the sector they operate within and constantly innovating and evolving the product range and customer proposition.
- The Head of Buying 6months FTC is a key strategic role driving strategy and opportunity
- As Head of Buying you will lead a team of 6 to develop innovative buying strategies which exceed customer expectations.
- The Head of Buying will create and deliver the category vision focusing on growing cash sales and margin delivery. As well as building long lasting mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers
- Working with internal and external stakeholders you will develop the strategic plan that will deliver long term growth
- Leading own brand development and commercial projects the Head of Buying will work collaboratively across the business to achieve short, medium and long term objectives.
- It is essential that you have a proven track record of leading a buying team of minimum 3 ideally within the grocery retail sector or food leisure sector
- As the Head of Buying you will have experience of coaching and supporting a team that has successfully delivered sales and profit targets.
- You will be a fantastic communicator who can work internally and externally with stakeholders at a senior level to shape wider business strategy.
- You will have excellent business management skills and have fantastic negotiation skills
- As the Head of buying you will have the gravitas and strength of character to deliver results in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- You will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to operate without all the detail.
Benefits & details:
- You will thrive in a matrix blue chip structure that is down to earth and personable.
- Excellent package – up to £100,000 and Car allowance plus benefits
- Location – head office is based in Bedfordshire a couple for days a week and rest of week is working from home
Please send your CV using the form on this page, quoting reference 1/15822/7. Confidentiality assured.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please search our vacancies on our website.