- Premium pet food brands with an outstanding reputation
- Customer base of quality independent and group pet stores
- Exciting marketing planned for 2021
You will be working for a leading importer and distributor of premium pet food products, leading the field sales team to achieve ambitious sales objectives in the independent and specialist retail pet trade. An exciting marketing plan is ready to for launch in 2021 and the company anticipates high levels of market awareness and demand.
The Role: National Sales Manager
The National Sales Manager will be home based with responsibility for achieving UK sales objectives through a field sales team of 6 and a distributor in Ireland. In additional you will be tasked with growing sales to a portfolio of key accounts, including pet retail groups and on-line customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Agreeing an annual sales and UK marketing plan with the Directors
- Managing and recruiting Area Sales Managers to support the sales plan
- Allocation of annual sales target by each team member
- Annual strategy for key account acquisition
- Monthly field accompaniments with each of the sales team
- Analyse and interpret sales data in order to guide decision making
- Present regular business reviews for the Board
Candidate Profile: National Sales Manager
We are looking for a proven National Sales Manager with significant pet trade experience, first-class sales skills and detailed knowledge of key independents, groups and pet trade buyers. In addition we seek:
- At least 10 years’ field sales and business development experience
- Experience leading a national sales team
- A track record of personal sales achievement
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Numerate with the ability to interpret and analyse data.
- A great communicator at all levels with excellent negotiating, influencing and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the desire, enthusiasm, drive, determination, tenacity and ability to achieve results.
The job holder will enjoy a negotiable basic salary c£50,000 plus a performance based bonus, company car, pension contribution and home-office support.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester. Reference: NH/23187
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.