- Premium pet food brand with an outstanding reputation
- Customer base of quality independent pet shops and country stores
- Established area with huge potential for development
You will be working for a leading importer and distributor of premium pet food products to the independent and specialist pet trade. Continued sales growth creates the need for a new member of the team. We are looking for a high calibre and experienced Sales Representative who can manage existing customers and drive sales growth in the North East of England and Scotland.
The Role: Area Sales Manager
As an Area Sales Manager (Sales Representative) you will be responsible for sales achievement in an area covering the North East of England and Scotland
You will inherit an established business base and be targeted to achieve sales growth in these accounts while prospecting for new, suitable retail customers. The skills you will need to bring to the role are:
- Build trusting relationships with pet shop owners using a consultative sales approach
- Actively prospect for new stockists
- Provide first class customer service
- Communicate and reinforce the benefits of stocking the brands to retailers
- Provide training and education to retail sales assistants
- Create eye catching product displays using point-of-sale and promotional material
- Report against your sales plan on a weekly basis
Candidate Profile: Area Sales Manager
We are looking for an experienced Sales Representative who is based in the North East of England but able to cover Cumbria and Scotland, with nights away as required. Experience selling to independent retailers is essential but previous experience of the pet trade is not as full product training will be provided. The other qualities we seek are:
- FMCG field sales experience - dealing with independent retailers
- A proven ability to sell – open new accounts, extend ranges, win additional retail space and grow a sales territory
- Experience dealing with store owners and closing sales with the decision maker
- Able to build sales arguments, influence decisions and close for sales orders
- Right personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets
- Enjoys running small training sessions and providing education to customers
The job holder will enjoy a competitive basic salary and rewarding commission scheme plus hybrid car, laptop, printer and a smart phone.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester. Reference: NH/23186.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.