Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
Are you a dynamic Senior Brand Manager looking for that next step up in your career? Keen to manage a big brand that’s at the forefront of driving category growth? This is a fantastic role within a leading brand and requires significant experience of delivering results in similar consumer brands.
We are looking for a bright, results driven and entrepreneurial marketeer with a passion for food marketing. This role blends commercial rigour with insight led creativity – we are looking for an SBM with strong leadership skills, fresh ideas, keen shopper and consumer curiosity and an ability to think conceptually whilst also looking after the details.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, you will have the full remit of brand responsibility – including brand planning, creative and media briefing, idea generation, management of key brand projects, research briefing, design, product quality, KPI tracking and P&L responsibility for a portfolio of products.
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate has a strong academic background (university degree of 2:1 or above) and significant experience.
- You will be currently operating at SBM level
- You will already have extensive experience in a UK FMCG food environment.
- Exposure to consumer and shopping marketing including a mix of activities such as strategy development, brand planning, Innovation, NPD launches, project management, campaigns development, PR, digital, experiential, ATL,
- P&L responsibility
- Success in launching new innovation to market; OTIF and in market performance
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
- There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
- Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.