About the Company
A respected market leader within the KBB sector, who have experienced rapid growth over the last 10 years are looking to strengthen their team with the key recruitment of a Showroom Team Leader.
The organisation has been expanding and are constantly looking for new business opportunities. It is an exciting time to join and develop your career within this leading company who want their employees to grow and develop along with the company.
About the Role
This role is critical to the sustainable growth and ultimate success of the business showrooms and the key points are:
- Provides leadership and thinks strategically as well as tactically
- Maintains high level of personal drive and effectiveness and decisiveness.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the business.
- Ensures branches have all the resources necessary to enable them to achieve their sales and margin targets.
- Visits each branch regularly and completes checklist to identify performance failures. Develops agreed plan with manager and monitors each manager’s agreed corrective actions and timetable for implementation.
- Maintains documented standard of systems and procedures including sales activity and after sales customer care and monitors compliance at each branch.
- Reviews appropriate exception reports from Kerridge to identify non-compliance with approved procedures and investigates and takes corrective or disciplinary action.
- Only carries out tasks that managers cannot perform for themselves and can explain why managers are unable to perform those tasks.
- Maintains an annual programme of sales events.
- Maintains a programme for self-development.
- Keeps MD informed about activity in branches and plans for resolving problems.
- Maintains completely up to date awareness of strengths and weaknesses of all team members and has programmes in place to address all identified weaknesses and personal development needs of each team member.
- Holds regular manager team briefings to motivate, share skills and communicate plans, strategies and objectives for the future.
- Conducts exit interviews with all staff after resignation and ensures prompt recruitment of suitable staff and delivery of a planned induction programme including systems, policies, procedures, product knowledge and selling skills.
- Maintains completely up to date assessment of condition of merchandising in each branch and a plan for updating all branches. Knows what new products and price adjustments are planned and prepares for merchandising requirements
- Monitors sales and margin targets and overheads and offers feedback to team members including recognition, advice, guidance and motivation.
- Look for improvements for the company.
About the Individual
- Either previous multi-site retail management experience or a high-performing showroom manager looking for the next step.
- Possess VERY high standards for presentation in the showrooms. Ideally from a KBB role, but if not, something “visual”.
- Understands the balance of mid-to-high-end retail customers and also frequent “trade” business.
- Motivating and training new and existing staff
In the first instance please forward your CV to Russell Cripps, quoting reference RC/7074K.
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.