Commercial Agronomist Are you passionate about working with Farmers and Distributors to establish a new Poly4 product? Do you want to develop and grow and in country team and network? Would you like to be a part of the construction of the UK's first major deep mine in 40 years?
CSG Talent is partnered with Anglo American as they look for a Master Planner to work within their Project Development team.
Building on its existing portfolio of world-class ventures Anglo American recently invested in the Woodsmith Project, a state of the art environmentally friendly fertiliser project, within the North York Moors National Park. Help us to develop our worldwide operations and to build a brighter and healthier future for all colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
Our Crop Nutrients division is built around POLY4, our flagship multinutrient fertiliser product. Made from polyhalite, it contains four of the six macro-nutrients and many micronutrients that are essential to plant growth. It allows farmers to maximize their crop yield, increase quality and improve soil structure with one simple product.
In addition, our value-added product streams are in the development stages which will assist to address the global food shortages which come with the fast-growing global population as it requires increasing amounts of food from decreasing available land.
Join Anglo American as a Commercial Agronomist - France - where you will play a key role in the delivery of a robust trials program to support market development and customer service. Reporting to the Head of Europe and the Director of Crop Science, this role functions to identify facilities and establish and monitor trials for the Company's flagship product, Poly4.
What does this role involve?
As a Commercial Agronomist you will work with the senior leadership to help develop and grow the region by organising and executing trials, working with regional farming and distributor companies and establishing Anglo American as a household name.
- Organise and execute high quality commercial trial programs, and able to use the result to impact business success.
- In conjunction with other team members, identify trials, research facilities and commercial opportunities
- Provide a resource of local agricultural data including soil nutrient status, fertiliser use, crops and crop performance data, major industry players and products
- Assist and coordinate product registration activities
- Identify crops and fertiliser trends in market and translate these into USPs' for the product (POLY4) in conjunction with other team members
- Gather market intelligence of fertiliser products and practices in market with other team members to develop a robust market/product positioning in the region
- Promotion and education activities during marketing events of the product such as farmer demo-days or third party discussions with research (crops) institutes and agricultural cooperatives across the region
- Visit and audit potential new facilities and staff
- Assist in new establishing new crop trials
- Monitor and submit status reports
- Control stocks of research material and assist with product transportation
Skills and experience
- A university bachelor's degree or master's qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Extensive on-farm fertiliser experience
- Experience and network with fertiliser producers, research providers, crops associations, agricultural cooperatives or fertiliser wholesale of local importance
- An understanding of trial design, interpretation and statistical evaluations
- Experience in working to and generating trial protocols
- Knowledge on value pricing and marketing arguments/
Ability to commercialise R&D data into marketing messages
- Experience in providing advice to whole-sale, retail and farm customers.
- Excellent product presenter to a wide variety of stakeholders (agricultural cooperatives, NPK blenders, wholesale, retail, crops and research associations and governmental bodies)
- Commercial crop experience complementary to the region
- Good communication skills in English and French
- Excellent organisation and time management coupled with good inter-personal and team skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- A self-manager with the ability to prioritise and plan work
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on this exciting project, apply to be considered.