HR Business Partner
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
You will play an important role in embedding our McCormick culture; building and executing a people roadmap in a ‘start-up’ situation, whilst establishing a strong blueprint for our factory-of-the-future ambition. Building positive relationships with our external community is key to our purpose of ‘standing together for the future of flavour’ and establishing McCormick as an employer of choice in Peterborough.
- Drive the HR agenda, which supports business growth, builds capabilities and drives engagement, in partnership with teams.
- Support the Operational Excellence program (“Journey to Excellence” - TPM) and effectively lead any change management initiatives in support of organizational and employee related changes in any areas.
- Ensure organisational design and resource capability are in place to enable achievement of business goals (In conjunction with the local leadership team and through robust recruitment and development processes).
- Work in partnership with the local team to ensure effective management of complex employee relations issues.
- Work closely with HR expert functions (Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Internal Communications) to ensure appropriate deployment of HR processes (Talent review, Employee Engagement Survey, Annual Salary review, Learning and Development, etc).
- Work closely with our Shared Services Centre based in Poland, who provide HR administrative and transactional support.
- Provide guidance and leadership to business on interpreting and delivering people aspects of business programs.
- Operationalize strategic HR initiatives/programs and execute usually at a country or site level, and multi-site and multi-country as required.
- Participate in Regional and Global HR Projects which support Operational Excellence Programs.
- HR related qualification (CIPD);
- Proven experience of providing generalist HR support in a manufacturing environment would be a significant advantage;
- Experience of driving change management in a start-up or a significant transformation
- Knowledge and understanding of a TPM culture in a manufacturing environment is preferable
- Ability to coach teams and leaders
- Strong knowledge of UK employment legislation;
- Experience in managing employee relations in a in a very fast-paced matrix environment;
- Ability to influence without formal authority at all levels of the organisation;
- Ability to build relationship at all levels of the organisation;
- Proven strong experience in building talent development plans;
- Ability to work remotely with a good balance of autonomy and reporting;
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavour to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req. n° 86344).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.