CPM have an exciting opportunity for an experienced People Director to join our team. As an authentic and inspiring leader, you will be comfortable leading a large team across different skill sets and sites. You will have held positions in similar roles and have relevant commercial experience and understand how to add value to both internal and external customers. You will support multiple sites, currently in Spain and UK and potentially beyond these markets in future. This is a fixed term contract and we offer a competitive package. Job Purpose
As a People Director you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the people vision and strategy across the CPM Contact Centre business to ensure that we attract, retain and develop the best talent for the business for today but also for tomorrow. You will be responsible for driving organization-wide initiatives to ensure that talent acquisition and development, workforce planning, succession planning, employee Engagement, policy and procedure development and HR compliance meet the needs of the business in the future. You will need to do this in the context of and in support of the CPM group people strategy, into which you will have the opportunity to input.
You will have natural gravitas, able build positive relationships quickly, creating a collaborative and trusting environment. You will champion change and be known for getting commitment across the business. Ultimately, you will foster a healthy workplace that helps us achieve our business objectives.What does the role involve?
As People Director, you're an entrepreneurial resilient leader, challenging current thinking both up and down the organisation. This is a pivotal position that demands a combination of advanced soft skills, commercial skills, strategic vision and stakeholder management.
Not accepting the status quo, you are passionate about growing talent and inspiring positive and engaging leadership. You will ensure we have an eye on future trends, clients and market-place changes and developing new ways of doing things, embracing technology, creating opportunities and moving ideas forward. The business will rely on your judgment and have confidence in your ability to intelligently input and manage current projects and future initiatives both within and outside your division. You must be able to successfully articulate your ideas and proposals at all levels with impartiality. You will have the personal resilience to work under sustained pressure and scrutiny and lead effectively through ambiguity.What are the skills required for the role of People Director:
- Proven experience in leading organisations and a significant HR function, operating at a strategic level, shaping its direction and building high performing teams
- Has worked in a Contact Centre environment at a senior level - Preferred not essential
- Experience of successfully leading and delivering change through people focused interventions at all levels in organisations
- Experience of people strategy development and implementation, firmly anchored in the business drivers of the organisation
- Credible communicator and strong influencing skills and stakeholder management
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environment
- Willingness to travel outside of the UK as required
- Professional HR qualification - Preferred not essential
- Has worked in or with the Spanish employment market and has a working knowledge of Spanish employment law - Preferred not essential
- Experience of leading a recruitment function dealing with volume/resource planning - Preferred not essential
CPM are winners of the Investors in People Gold award and place great importance on the training and development of our people. We work in a collaborative environment where great ideas and achievements are shared and celebrated.
CPM are an equal opportunities employer we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities.