My client were established in July 2018 and was created as a result of an exciting collaboration between two separate publishing/gifting companies, The UK based publisher, was founded in 2017 and is one of the top 10 book publishers in the UK. An Australian based publisher/toy and stationery company, have delighted children, adults and retailers since 1994 with their diverse range of books, toys, stationery and craft lines. Together, they sell over 20 million products every year in 38 languages throughout 77 different countries. This unique venture brings together a wealth of experience and creativity from the opposite sides of the globe, producing exceptional, innovative and affordable products for everyone to enjoy.
Purpose of the Role
Working closely with the Sales Director, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for actively opening and developing new business with selected retailers in the UK & Europe and then managing the accounts going forward.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, those below:
- With the Sales Director researching a number of top retailers across Europe to target across the stationery, toys/jigsaws, crafting and book departments
- Actively approaching these retailers with great tenacity
- Ensuring each of these customers are managed with first class management and responsiveness
- Responsible for managing P&Ls
- Understand each of the products we are selling
- Ensuring all targets are achieved
- Be part of respective Trade Fairs
Skills & Experience
- A dedicated and tenacious individual who wants to join a company who will match their ambition
- Minimum of 2 years working in the Toy/Gifting/Jigsaw /Stationery background.
- Experience of working with retailers in Europe
- Ideally speak a second European Language
- Good IT skills notably in Excel and Powerpoint
- Confidence and a good communicator
- Initiative, honesty and integrity
- Positive can-do attitude within a fast-changing environment
- A Team Player