Are you a talented Category Manager with a strategic mindset and strong analytical ability? Are you looking to further your career in FMCG in a role with a high level of responsibility and plenty of scope for personal and professional growth? If so we would like to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Customer Marketing Team at one of the leading global food manufacturers and the UK's leading herbs, spices and seasonings brand, Schwartz.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Customer Marketing, the individual will lead the Category Management agenda for a portfolio of Grocery Multiples accounts.
You will be responsible for working with external stakeholders to identify growth opportunities and develop category plans to execute against these.
You will work with internal stakeholders to ensure commercial and marketing plans are aligned to category growth opportunities and the needs of your retailers and shoppers.
You will play a key role in evolving the UK Category Vision, helping develop ideas for new tactics to drive category growth across different grocery channels
- Support the Head of Customer Marketing to deliver the 3-year Roadmap
- Develop category plans to identify growth opportunities and execute these in your accounts
- Work with Sales team to integrate category insight into commercial plans and monitor performance
- Work with customers on range review planning, including range and merchandising recommendations
- Provide category insight support alongside cross-functional brand segment team
- Work with merchandising team to ensure effective execution of category plans
- Degree or equivalent
- FMCG experience in Category Management, ideally within a blue-chip environment
- Experience in other functions a plus e.g. Sales, Marketing, Insights (Agency or Client-side)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong analytical ability and strategic mindset
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Merchandising and Data systems (Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, Dunnhumby, i2c) proficiency
- Strong track record of driving retailer relationships and delivering category growth
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 76143).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.