My client is a key player within the leisure industry who specialise in outdoor products. The business has seen incredible growth in the last 2 years and has positioned themselves as a key player in their sector. As a result of this success, they are looking for their next talented professional to join their Team as an experienced Head of Product. The role:
As the Head of Product you will be reporting directly into the Sales & Product Director and will be a key member of the Management Team. You will be office based in the North West of England and be responsible for the Product and Design Team. As Head of Product, this is a pivotal role in the company's long-term growth strategy. The role is team-oriented and you will be responsible for ensuring that the quality and integrity of the final products meet the brief as well as the relevant safety standards. You will spend time working with a number of different suppliers and packaging designers to make sure products achieve target costs, are correctly positioned and commercially viable.
As most of the manufacture is handled from offices in the Far East, the role is going to require time travelling to that region, so prior experience of this is essential for this role. Key Responsibilities
- Carry out market research to support new ideas, trends and concepts.
- Drive growth by identifying new product ideas, suggesting price points and positioning.
- Review current product lines, suggesting product and packing improvements.
- Develop concepts to final technical component specifications and artwork.
- Negotiate costings inline with targets, MOQ's and lead times.
- Work hand in hand with all internal departments ensuring products are developed, produced and shipped in line with agreed deadlines.
- Manage international artwork, imagery & language requirements.
- Ensure all safety compliance documentation is completed and renewed for all retailer partners and subsidiaries.
- Copy-write and proof reading.
- Work with the Management Team to ensure the correct positioning of products.
- Present new trends and concepts to the Sales, Product & Design team.
- Consider Legal implications of all new products.
- Schedule products in line with retailer critical paths.
- Visit international Trade Fairs and suppliers, when required.
- Maintain product technical files and safety compliance records.
- People management experience in a similar role.
You will have a focused, hardworking and entrepreneurial attitude to business and ideally come from a creative background with a real passion for NPD. As a positive and passionate team player, you will not be phased by working under pressure and to deadlines with strong project management and interpersonal skills. You will ideally be Degree educated within an aligned field however other specialism's will be considered.
You will already be an experienced Head of Product/ Product Development within the outdoor sector with ideally at least five years' experience under your belt. Having an understanding of all aspects of product development you will be commercially focused and equipped with strong organisational, planning and communication skills.
We are looking for a professional to join a friendly, dynamic team who has a lot of drive and commitment to their responsibilities. Sound knowledge of the tooling and injection moulding process would be a distinct advantage. Ideally, you will also be degree educated.
You will relish developing sound working relationships and networking with designers and manufacturers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right attributes and experience to join a fast moving and dynamic company, with the opportunity to progress further.