Head of Marketing
- Rapidly Growing Consumer Healthcare business
- Work on some exciting, rapidly growing brands
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to be partnering with Venture Life Group PLC to offer an exciting opportunity for a Head of Marketing to join their rapidly growing business.
Venture Life are committed to providing innovative and efficacious products for the self-care market for people who want to lead a healthier life. Their vision is to become a key trusted global leader in self-care products through their knowledge, expertise and capability.
Founded in 2010, Venture Life growth has come from strategic acquisitions combined with organic growth.
Their products address a wide range of healthcare issues from oral hygiene, women's intimate health, neurology, cardiovascular and dermatology. Many of their products have intellectual property including trademarks, patents, clinical evidence proving efficacy as well as formulation and manufacturing expertise.
Based in West Berkshire, U.K. Venture Life also has a 5,500m2 manufacturing facility north of Milan, Italy, where a dedicated team has the expertise to innovate and develop products.
The company has grown rapidly in recent times and their employees are committed to helping people lead healthier lives by innovating and developing efficacious self-care products and becoming a key trusted global leader in the self-care market.
Reporting to the European Sales & Marketing Director, the Head of Marketing will focus on driving growth by leading the long-term brand strategy, developing annual business plans and driving in-market execution. From time to time you will work with International and Business Development colleagues to support growth in overseas territories.
The Head of Marketing will become expert in their categories (initially Oral Care), identifying opportunities to deliver long-term sustainable growth for Venture Life and its partners through strategic thinking and relentless in-market execution.
The Head of Marketing will contribute to the P&L for assigned brands by driving top line and managing the bottom line and marketing spends.
General Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be the key point of contact between internal and external teams for global and local marketing for assigned brands
- Manage the effective and efficient deployment of all resources at their disposal
- Develop, recommend and lead the execution of local marketing plans for assigned brands
- Develop brand guidelines, copy and other branded content, to ensure consistency across platforms
- Co-ordinate and lead the response to COVID-19 in a post-lockdown era for assigned brands
- Assist the Leadership on influencing global brand strategy and best practice sharing with countries
- E/NPD - analyze consumer insights, create concepts and test them with consumers, maximize profit and optimize existing range via continuous improvement
- Create compelling presentations and assist with 'sell-in' to the trade
- Key point of contact between internal and external teams e.g. manufacturing, R&D, regulatory, design internal and external agencies
- Assist external agencies with clinical trials and maximise their value for assigned brands
- Initiate and manage other research projects (category, consumer, clinical etc.) to deliver powerful insights as the basis for long term brand growth
- Translate research in to compelling and deliverable strategies to achieve accelerated profitable and sustainable brand growth
- Generate, propose and lead initiatives regarding digital marketing and e-tailing activity based on thorough understanding of best practice as well as consumer and market understanding
- Manage SEO and SEM for assigned brands
- Manage the development of marketing material for digital/social activation including brand websites and social media channels
- Increase traffic to, and leverage data from brand websites
- Prepare regular reporting on the digital/social monitoring and media performance
- Active support in creation of UK 5 year Plan
- Strong understanding of brand equities
- Present initiatives and plans in front of senior colleagues, R&D, supply and other support functions.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Head of Marketing:
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in Marketing in FMCG - a mix of brand and trade marketing is preferred
- Educated to minimum bachelor's degree level in a business-related subject
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of P&L
- Solid understanding of trade, channel & business mix in the UK
- Understanding of 360 activations - on-ground activity and media amplification (especially digital)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and data analysis
- Media planning, deployment & campaign monitoring, delivery
- Excellent Digital media capability - understanding of Digital media landscape
- Be commutable to Bracknell daily
- Happy to travel abroad when required
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £80,000 basic salary DOE
Excellent bonus scheme
Company Share Options
Other Company benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply or contact Jon Dolbear at Michael Page on 0118 955 9052 or 07780 005638 to discuss further.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGCJN1020201240940Z