My client, based in South East England, are looking to add an Export Sales Manager - Food to their market leading food business.Client Details
My client has a very successful food brand that has been a market leader for the last 40 years. Across this time they have seen steady growth that has increased over the last 5 years.
Established in around 45 international markets, as well as the UK, they are looking to continue this growth across a European, Middle-East and North African markets.
The brand is a very familiar, popular brand and has around 15% market penetration in its top 25 markets. With the support of a very successful and experienced leadership team my client is looking to add an Export Sales Manager - Food to really drive them to the next level across a select range of markets. Description
The Successful Export Sales Manager - Food:
- To manage and drive sales across approximately 20 established international markets and the distributors in those markets
- To identify, for each market, effective strategies to achieve the most efficient sales growth in the immediate and longer term.
- To accurately forecast and via effective communication with the distribution partner achieve agreed annual sales volumes for each market in line with the agreed annual business plan.
- To agree with each distribution partner an aggressive sales and marketing plan for the forthcoming year, including sales and marketing priorities for each distributor.
- To regularly liaise with distributors in order to review and monitor progress and priorities regularly to adjust and where necessary propose alternative approaches or strategies.
- To ensure that sufficient resources in terms of focus, manpower and finance are allocated by the distribution partner to achieve the agreed increases in sales volumes.
- To recommend to distributors ways in which they could improve their performance and to provide remote support to ensure the improvements are achieved; if all else fails recommend to the company the required change in distributor.
- To have a working knowledge of the markets in order to effectively advise and guide the performance of the distributor.
- To prepare a monthly report on all markets that highlights sales performance, current status versus agreed business plan and future plans.
- Whenever possible motivate and inform the distributor to ensure that the product is marketed consistently and in-line with the company's quality standards.
- To ensure effective and consistent communication with all distributors
- Use available technology (email, phone, video-call etc) to ensure consistent contact (minimum of monthly) with all distribution partners.
- Overseas travel to be agreed with line manager
- Manage and record all new market enquiries.
- Identify new markets for my client and explore all available routes to market and viable distribution partners before preparing a full launch plan and recommendation.
The successful Export Sales Manager - Food:
- A proven sales track record working for a FMCG / OTC pharma business
- Vast Export sales experience
- Vast experience managing a distributor network
- Export experience across Europe / Middle-East / Africa
- A 2nd language is desired but not essential
- Happy to travel to an office just north of London 1 / 2 days a week, happy to do international travel also
- Proven and successful relationship-building skills, leveraging partnerships across the business and externally.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.Job Offer
£65,000 - £70,000 per annum basic salary
Company bonus scheme
Other Company benefits