Based Northern Ireland
Managing North and Southern Ireland
Branded non-food FMCG business with exciting plans for the future. They manufacture a range of instantly recognisable products and due to a period of growth they now seek a Business Development Manager. Reporting to a Senior National Account Manager
To manage and develop both active and potential customers within Retail and Wholesale
To work as part of a small national accounts business unit, developing and sustaining profitable sales for the company within your portfolio of accounts.
You will be given a range of active and development accounts, where you will find the opportunity both exciting and fulfilling. You will, manage joint business plans, sales targets, P&L and have marketing budgets.
You will be developing and implementing a strategic plan for a designated sector. You need to work cross functionally with other areas and will be part of a successful team.
- Planning, formulation of your account portfolio, looking at strategy in line with the company plan, sector and customer needs.
- To identify, evaluate, record and capitalise on new business opportunities within the designated area
- Building of account plans in line with brand/channel strategies by product, volume and revenue identifying promotional and development costs.
- Be able to open new and profitable accounts within Retail Cash & Carry & Wholesale accounts in Ireland
- Developing account propositions in conjunction with Trade and Consumer Marketing.
- Identify customer needs and tailoring propositions to meet these needs – category approach to product range and development program – agree, implement and evaluate with customer.
- To negotiate product range, price, volume & display space in line with company targets/guidelines
- To carry out tactical sales work to support initiatives
- To accurately forecast & manage a sales promotional fund to grow sales in a profitable manner
- To co-ordinate all activities in line with targets set by the SNAM
As well as being well organised, articulate and ambitious, candidates will require the following skills: -
The confidence to manage the company presence in Ireland. An ability to work remotely while still working closely with the Senior National Account Manager and the national accounts team
A confident and resilient negotiator with strong presentation skills, well organised and comfortable working with data / analysis, currently working within FMCG.
The Gravitas to be their representative in Ireland
Minimum of 2 years’ experience within an FMCG sales or account position, looking for a move into a Business Development - National Account position or a sideways move to a company that is still growing! Be able to demonstrate business development successes
Please quote reference 723/73gj f you would like to apply
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications to any of our roles will be forwarded to our retained consultants Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.