Ceuta Group is a global consumer brand service organisation working with some of the most dynamic brands in Health & Personal Care, Food & Drink and Household Categories. Our 450+ employees across the Ceuta Group support every aspect of brand growth for our clients and customers. Go2Grocery is the food and drink sales division of the Ceuta Group. Working on behalf of our client partners, Go2Grocery manages food and drink brands through all retail channels. From supporting small challenger brands gain a greater share of the market, to helping well established brands fast track their sales strategy; whether it’s reviving a heritage brand or launching a new product to market, Go2Grocery have the expertise, contacts and team to deliver success. Through sales and distribution, brand management, logistics management and business support, Go2Grocery builds and develops clients' brands by offering key insights and category expertise to deliver great results consistently.
We currently have a vacancy for a Customer Business Manager in our Go2Grocery team. This is a full time, home-based, permanent position reporting to our Customer Business Controller.
This important role is responsible for all aspects of customer development and management with a shopper and category-based approach. You will achieve volume, revenue, profit and strategic objective in allocated customers in line with company standards, policies and strategies.
- Develop excellent engagement with key functional contacts – commercial, category, finance, supply chain, store operations
- Develop key supplier status from customer perspective
- Orchestrate functional and senior contact
- Be known as a customer expert
- Provide insightful financial and sales analysis
- Provide feedback on competitor activity, trade events, customer strategy
- Develop strategic account plans that align and deliver against brand plans
- Plan to ensure optimum execution
- Create commercially astute scenario plans to enable effective decision making
- Understand and utilise all data sources effectively
- Understand the shopper and how they shop the category
- Understand the category vision
- Ensure all G2G brands have a role in growing the category
- Ensure all activity has a clear set of objectives that are aligned to strategic plans
- Ensure planning / set up / activation / follow-up phases are executed effectively
- Ensure clarity and confirmation of all commercial agreements
- Orchestrate effective & efficient supply chain
- Deliver right 1st time administration to minimise pricing / operational queries
- Ensure effective resolution of finance queries
- Ensure customers pay to terms
- Minimise working capital – stock holding, overdue customer debt
- Play an active role in building client relationship
- Create an environment of trust and empowerment
- Be clear on and deliver against building block imperatives
The key competencies required for this role are:
- Minimum 3 years’ FMCG experience within a commercial role (sales, marketing or operations).
- Demonstrable experience of creating and delivering account specific JBP’s.
- Experience of working with customers ideally within sales, trade marketing or category management (working within grocery is ideal but not a prerequisite)
- Strong experience and understanding of grocery trade sectors (multiples, convenience, discounters)
- Experienced in utilising IRI/Nielsen Market and EPOS data to deliver commercial outcomes is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of developing new business outside of your immediate responsibilities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of negotiation strategies and category management is preferred.
- A good standard of education including Maths and English.
- A strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance, including ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, return on capital employed and sales modelling.
- The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level in order to analyse trends and create commercial recommendations.
- The ability to use PowerPoint to an intermediate level in order to create impactful presentations for the trade review meetings.
- Understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise these in client & customer recommendations and proposals.
- The ability to utilise web-based retailer portals and use them effectively to identify and analyse data.
- A good understanding of external factors and industry knowledge that may affect customer business.
- The ability to communicate and negotiate in order to interface effectively within all levels of a customer’s business.
- The ability to use initiative and work autonomously in order to manage your own responsibilities ensuring that work is completed within set deadlines.
- Competitive remuneration DOE
- Company Car
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension
- Healthcare Scheme
- Sick pay after 6 months
For more details, or to apply, please visit our Career Hub here: https://ce0250li.webitrent.com/ce0250li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC105GF.open?WVID=3021340ABJ
You can search for this vacancy using the unique vacancy reference number REQ000017, or the job title Customer Business Manager (Go2Grocery).
The closing date for applications is 13/11/2020, but for exceptional candidates we will consider applications made after this date.