Based in the North-East of England (Notts to Newcastle), this is a rare opportunity to join the leading speciality wholesaler in the UK as a Regional Account Manager, developing existing business and seeking out new customers in the Northern England/Eastern Scotland area. The successful candidate will know food retail, in particular the speciality and/or convenience sectors. You are determined to achieve success and will understand the incremental value in gaining new business alongside growing existing accounts. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and package includes the following:
- Competitive basic salary
- Generous uncapped commission/bonus structure
- Company car
Would you like to join one of the UK’s most forward-thinking businesses within food and drink? Read on…
Career History & Background:
- A proven, demonstrable track record in new business sales and existing business development within food & drink is more important than academic qualifications for this role.
- IT competency with experience of Microsoft Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom and Outlook is essential as is a high standard of numeracy and literacy
- A full, clean UK driving licence with no prior disqualification
- Living within the defined geographical sales territory is a requirement
- At least 5 years’ sales experience preferably in retail ideally in food & drink retail.
- A track record of success in securing new business as well as developing existing accounts.
- A lover of fine food & drink, with a working knowledge of the UK food and drink market
- A user of B2B social media, who understands the levers to unlock opportunity from therein
- Reporting into the Sales Director, the role is managing and growing a defined geographical/regional territory:
- Visiting existing customers and increasing the range of appropriate products they purchase from CF, thereby increasing the average order values and developing more profitable customers.
- Assisting high volume accounts with execution in-store, providing sound product, promotional & merchandising advice to maximise sales
- Visiting and securing new accounts via market intelligence, introductory calling, following up supplier leads, trade show leads, incoming web/phone enquiries and marketing initiatives.
- Working to maximise supplier offers negotiated by CF to drive volume sales across your customer base
- Acting in tandem with your Telephone Account Manager and Customer Service Representative to maximise customer returns across the business
- Manage new product launches, catalogue launches and key seasonal trading times
- Ensure all account records and customer communication (including CRM data) are kept up to date on the CF in-house ERP system
- Ensure that customers with data requirements are sent all the information after new catalogues are issued to update their systems and ensure seamless launches
- Attend trade and industry shows as required by the company to present the CF offer to new and existing customers to build profitable new business
- Manipulate and present customer and product data to maximise selling opportunities with larger customers in a consultative and professional manner
- Provide merchandising advice where customer requirements exist, including sales: SKU density, category adjacencies in primary and secondary display locations in-store and foundation planogram advice
- Regular communication with entire customer base, supported via email, social and media activity from our marketing team
- Work with a detailed and co-ordinated electronic diary in Outlook
- Attend the weekly conference call and regular sales meetings (remotely & in-person)
Desirable Personal Qualities
- Highly motivated, organised and capable of managing a large and complex territory. A self-starter by definition
- Rapport building will be second nature and relationships will be personally important within your working life
- Comfort with independent working but also a desire to share learnings & success with others in the team
- Resilient, tenacious and determined to succeed