Our client is a young, fast-growing export wholesale distributor of British food and drink brands to international markets. They supply a portfolio of over 15,000 products to international retailers, importers, and distributors. They have built an extensive product range from iconic British brands to upcoming health brands. They have also launched a number of exciting house brands as unique offerings to both UK and International business customers.
As they are going through a period of rapid growth this will be a key role within the company which gives exposure and involvement to all areas of the business. Although the team is small, they deliver big results and promote a company culture where employees support each other in all areas.
This role would suit an ambitious candidate who has outgrown a similar role and is now keen to take on extra responsibility, and eager to make a difference in a company. In return they are offering a competitive basic salary, generous bonus/commission structure, full business mileage reimbursement, Mobile, Laptop and 32 days holiday including bank holidays.
Our client is looking for someone who can work in their office which is based in Wokingham, Berkshire when not travelling on business and this is a full-time permanent role.
Key responsibilities of the Role:
Reporting directly to MD, the International Sales Manager will be responsible for:
- Achieving respective budgets
- Be responsible for identifying and developing new international markets for existing wholesale portfolio targeting at international retailers, wholesalers, and importers
- Focusing on generating new business by following up incoming leads and conducting research on potential new customers
- Ensure the CRM system is kept up to date
- Develop home and international markets for exciting house brands
- Regular travel to international territories to ensure the delivery of the sales strategy by exceeding sales and margin targets
- Work closely with existing and new suppliers to source products and secure deals
- Be passionate about both consumer brands and the export market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ; Strong commercial skills
- Past sales/trading experience within UK food and drink sector would be an advantage
- Comfortable cold calling and conducting face to face meetings to introduce company, products and services
- You must be able to keep calm under pressure, be confident, organised, and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Advanced excel skills and strong analytical skills
- A willingness to listen
- Able to travel overseas when required
- International cultural awareness
- An additional international language will be an advantage but not essential
- Hardworking individual with “can-do” attitude
- A self-starter with positive, results-driven approach