Junior Buyer (6 months fixed term)
Brindisa is one of the UK’s leading importers of high quality food, specialising in the distribution, selection and sale of some of the best food from Spain. The Brindisa range encompasses the full spectrum of fine foods and ingredients from cured hams, cheeses to olive oils all of which are chosen for their exceptional quality.
We currently have a great opportunity for an organised, confident and personable person to join us as a Junior Buyer in Balham to support our buying team and to contribute to building strong relationships internally and with new and existing suppliers.
It is a 40 hours per week per week position, on a fixed term basis for 6 months.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Previous food sector buying experience with a strong interest in food origins, ingredients and cuisine.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and Spanish.
- Intermediate level Excel and numeracy skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Key aspects of the job will be:
- To manage the buying process for a selected range of suppliers, this may include some non food suppliers
- To negotiate best terms and prices in line with the department and company strategy
- To work with the buying team to assist with all aspects of the day to day administration of the department.
- Manage samples and tastings, feedback communications internally and to relevant suppliers.
- Carry our competitor checks and market research.
- Set up products and suppliers on Great Plains and Costing & Pricing.
- Produce reports and spreadsheets as required, including reports on supplier visits.
In return we offer a competitive salary, 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata), generous discounts on our products, and a friendly and flexible working environment.
Please send CV’s with covering letter to:
Maddy Ruzzene, HR Manager
For more information and a full job description visit www.brindisa.com
Closing Date: 24th October 2020
Due to the high volume of enquires we are not always able to respond to all CV’s. If you have not received a response 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume on this occasion that your application has been unsuccessful.