Credit Controller / Sales Ledger
Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 17:00pm (Friday 4pm finish)
I’m currently seeking an experienced credit controller for a stand-alone position based in Sale. The successful candidate will have experience managing multiple ledgers and processes high volume sales invoices.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years sales ledger experience within companies processing between 600 - 800 sales invoices a month.
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain good client relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail and reconciliation of debtor accounts, capable of identifying and resolving wider issues.
- Genuine enthusiasm for providing a high standard of customer service and an ability to promote a positive attitude within a Finance team of four.
- Well organised with an ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands effectively.
- Prior experience of Sage Line 50 accounting package is desirable but not essential.
- Prior experience of invoice factoring is highly desirable.
- Prior experience of working with a credit insurance provider highly desirable.
- Responsible for managing four debtor ledgers as a standalone credit controller.
- Processing daily sales invoices and credit notes, uploading on to accounting system and factors accounts and producing daily sales reports distributed across the business.
- Responsible for posting cash allocation to customer accounts and carry out reconciliations between the accounting system and factors account to ensure completeness.
- Producing month end debtor ledger reconciliations and investigate and resolve any differences.
- Daily review of the weekly going-out list to ensure that orders to be despatched have adequate credit limits in place with the credit insurers.
- Main point of contact with the factoring company in terms of dealing with queries, requests, setting up new customer accounts and maintaining accurate details of existing customers.
- Obtain sufficient information to assist the credit insurers with creditworthiness of new and existing customers.
- Work with a minimum of supervision on collection of overdue accounts.
- Maintains close links with all customers by phone and e-mail to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
- Work within guidelines and report to the Financial Controller on outstanding issues and inform them early of potential debtor problems.
- Handle disputed accounts and negotiate to bring payment into line with terms;
- Submitting Intrastats reports to HMRC on a monthly basis;
- Cover purchase ledger and weekly payroll when required.
- Posting of monthly journals to ensure accounts are accurately reported.
- Work closely with FC and be a go to person in FC’s absence.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by FC and other Management.
If you have Credit Control experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.