Territory Manager – Southern
Based in London & Home Counties
Royal Talens is a manufacturer and supplier of high-quality painting, drawing and colouring materials for artists, creative hobbyists, designers, children and educational institutes. The company is recognised globally amongst artist, hobbyist and beginners for its quality brands such as Talens, Rembrandt, Amsterdam, Van Gogh. Talens Art Creation, Bruynzeel and for its Sakura products. Headquartered in Apeldoorn, Holland we produce, distribute and promote more than 10, 000 finished articles to more than 100 countries.
We are part of the Japanese, Sakura Colour Products Corporation, the family owned Sakura Group was founded in 1921 and is now a global leader in artists, school, hobby & Crafts materials, stationery and writing instruments. Not only do we create superior products we also do this by carrying out our business in a sustainable manner, now and in the future. Since our inception, we have developed a global reputation for both the extensiveness and quality of their product ranges alongside our modus operandi of openness, transparency and professionalism of our global team of passionate, knowledgeable and customer focused representatives and supporting employees.
Territory Manager - Appointment
Reporting to the Country Manager UK & Ireland, we currently wish to receive applications for this field based role and covering the region below a line drawn across from north wales to the east off England, with the major customer base being in the London and home counties. So therefore, the successful candidate will be located centrally within this region and preferably to the west of London between the M4 and M1 corridor.
Offering a basic salary of between £26,000 - £30,000 per annum, based on knowledge/experience, plus up to a 20% bonus (OTE of £31,200 - £36,000). We also provide the range of benefits including a company vehicle, laptop, phone etc that the successful candidate would need to secure the professional management of their territory and to motivate them in the sales of high end artist paint and materials to the independent retail sector.
The Territory Manager position is to ensure Royal Talens is established as the ‘key supplier’ to selected accounts by way of all-round superior efficiency and service with the targets based on 60% for the development of existing customers and 40% on the opening of new opportunities/customers.
In addition, you will be required to report, as and when, to the Country Manager UK & Ireland as to the territory selected accounts performance in compliance with the Company strategy.
- To maximise sales and profit opportunities for Royal Talens, “umbrella” brands and associated products
- To deliver and exceed both financial sales and productivity targets
- To plan, communicate and deliver specific objectives by individual key account and across the territory
- To monitor sales trends/analysis of total territory and selected accounts enabling assistance in budget (cost and sales) processes
- To liaise and coordinate efficiently with management, marketing and other departments within Royal Talens
Personal Territory Management:
- To continually review individual performance verses agreed objectives and targets by way of a weekly, monthly written journey plan/report, as and when requested
- To prepare and present sales reviews and opportunities to internal and external personnel as required
- To monitor competitive activity and circulate findings to relevant personnel within the Royal Talens organisation in liaison with the Country Manager UK & Ireland.
- To ensure territory costs are within agreed budget criteria
- To submit monthly sales expenses direct to Country Manager UK & Ireland.
- Develop and implement an agreed calendar of sales/marketing activity, by selected account, in liaison with internal departments and with agreed timelines to ensuring the optimising of customer service
- Support UK marketing function as and when applicable necessary
- Ensure a logical forecasting system is established upon which sales budgets and production can be based
- Assist the Country Manager UK & Ireland in the process regarding both timing and level of price reviews by account, based on Royal Talens cost movements, account trends, competitive activity, relative market share.
- Visiting the customers and advise them on all elements of the marketing mix to maximize sales and profit opportunities & secure the optimisation of customer servicing levels
- Gaining new customers and retaining existing customers by means of advertising, providing new products, providing information about the possibilities and above all, providing the excellence in customer service for which Royal Talens is recognised
- Travelling throughout the UK & Ireland
- Clean driving licence is essential
- Attending Trade shows and Exhibitions as required
- Support in selected accounts regarding merchandising and staff training.
Applications in the first instance should be sent to our UK Human Resources team firstname.lastname@example.org providing a full CV and a brief cover note as to why you consider yourself suited to the sales of high quality artist materials and to join our UK sales team. Initial selected candidates will be contacted within 7 days of receipt for a telephone discussion. No agencies please.