Commercial Business Manager / Senior National Account Manager – Sainsbury’s & Morrisons
Competitive salary and package
Home based with some office presence
As one of the most recognised fresh produce businesses within their chosen categories, our client has continued to develop year on year. Since entering the market over a decade ago, our client has used their expertise to promote significant levels of growth. This has allowed the business to create a culture of elitism, whilst also retaining the open and inclusive values set by the owner and executive team within the organisation.
Our client’s impressive growth has been reached through creating high levels of service, constant innovation and ability to diversify their customer base. As a business they boast an incredibly high staff retention rate, with a team of likeminded individuals who are recognised and rewarded for their contribution. Our client has ambitious plans over the next few years. As part of these plans our client are looking to add into their already high performing retail commercial division.
The purpose of your role as Commercial Business Manager will be to support the delivery of targeted sales and profitability within the agreed retail customers and category. You will be expected to develop and implement a strategic relationship within the agreed customers whilst also identifying and capturing new sales, customer and category opportunities. You will also be expected to work in conjunction with operations, NPD, technical and category teams onsite to leverage the organisations offering, differentiating in strength, product quality and value to the customer.
Core accountabilities of the role will include:
- Developing a strategic business plan by customer to deliver on budgeted targets.
- Total P&L accountability for the client and customer relationship and budget delivery.
- Executing the business strategy and relationship with the customer, building cross functional relationships within the customer hierarchy.
- Developing, negotiating, executing, and tracking the delivery of a joint annual business plan with the customer that underpins the sales and category strategy.
- Fully supporting the provision of effective and detailed annual, monthly and weekly forecasts of customer demand.
- Operating to the very highest standards of account management administration.
- Partnering with all cross functional resources including NPD, Category Management, Finance, Supply Chain & Procurement to co-design and activate in market new launches & supply.
- Deputising for the Sales Director, standing in for them when required from an internal perspective.
To be considered for this role you will be expected to have at least 4 years direct retail account management experience, supplying into either the fresh produce or chilled convenience sectors. It is essential that you have a strong working knowledge of Sainsbury’s and have worked closely with them within the last 12 months.
In addition to the above it is preferable that you have line management experience of at least one direct report and can inspire and lead teams both internally and externally.
This is an exceptional opportunity for any aspiring commercial professional who is looking to progress within an exciting business and growing category. Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described or contact Clear Edge Search & Selection for further information.