Senior Management Accountant
Job Title: Senior Management Accountant
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Sector / Industry: Finance / Flavours
Job Reference: MS10Bl
I’ve partnered up with an expanding SME who operate on a global basis I’m seeking qualified CIMA/ ACCA Management Accountant due to growth. This role will oversee the management accounts function, its processes and outputs. The ideal candidate will have a commercial background a driven character who is keen to implement changes to support the department and the businesses needs whilst mentoring a team of 3.
- £35,000 - £45,000
- Hours of work: 9.00am – 5.30pm (currently required to work 3 days per week from the office)
- Produce and oversee monthly Management Accounts and Board pack to ensure completion to a high standard.
- Communicate with interdependent departments to resolve queries and get to root cause of issues to ensure they do not occur again - focussing on the risk process.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing workplace procedures and practices.
- Produce high quality work to assist management in making key strategic decisions.
- Continually adapt and improve management reports as agreed with the Finance Director.
- Review variance analysis and commentary in support of the Board pack.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets/forecasts.
- Perform key balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure key supplier reconciliations are kept up to date and cash flow is managed effectively.
- Manage a team of 3, some of whom are in the process of obtaining relevant qualifications and are looking to increase their own responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Qualified- ACA, ACCA or CIMA (Required) (If you are close to qualifying this will be a consideration)
- Experience of Sage 200 accounting package would be advantageous.
- Excellent IT skills and highly proficient with MS Excel.
- Strong spreadsheet manipulation skills.
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data.
- Ability to develop and improve report formats in line with business needs.
- Ability to deliver accurate, high quality work and reports to aid decision making.
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and to do so with confidence.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct:
Maria Safina at Aspion Recruitment Liverpool
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.