National Account Manager - Europe Are you a proved National Account Manager within the home décor, DIY or homewares industry that thrives on responsibility? Looking for your next big challenge?
An opportunity has arisen for a talented National Account Manager to cover Europe, the role will be based in the UK or France (remote working) and will include overseas travel.
My client is one of the UK's leading interior décor experts and export their products globally. They are a precious home interior brand that pride themselves on their 'must have' contemporary designs. They have an in-house team of designs that are constantly creating designs that fuel imagination and give homes that wow factor.
As the National Account Manager (Europe) your focus will be to build long lasting relationships with the customer base (who are national retail chains and regional multiples) and develop strong commercial relationships which drive revenue and profits for the business. It will be your responsibility to develop business across Europe by creating strategies and you will have the full support of the UK sales support, marketing and product teams.
- Actively drive sales and increase profitability for your region
- Actively seek & position new concepts and promotional plans per customer ensuring an added value relationship with the account.
- Ensure that you continually map the competition and benchmark them
- Responsible for customer pricing (invoice) within set terms, overall customer terms, account profitability and account activation of promotion plans campaigns along with sales forecasting, new line forms and post launch check for new product launches.
- Follow up with clients regularly to ensure needs are being met and identify opportunities.
- To work collaboratively with commercial, design, financial and supply chain teams, ensuring that our customers have the best buying experience
The Ideal Candidate:
You will be a strong communicator that enjoys building relations with clients and even if difficult conversations need to be had, you will not shy away from them. You will have previous experience with account management within home decoration, DIY or the homewares market. You must be able to work within a fast-paced changing environment and have the ability to build strong business and personal relationships whilst developing and implementing creative, sustainable, mutually profitable business solutions.
Additional competencies that will be required are as follows:
- Must be Fluent in the French language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing accounts within a related industry and have a passion for DIY, homewares, or home decoration.
- Experience managing fashion/trend driven product categories
- Able to respond to customer requirements in a professional manner
- Natural ability to negotiate
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Ability to manage multiple accounts while still spotting new opportunities
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects will be required overseas
- Driven, self-motivated and a strong team player
If you feel that you would be a strong candidate for this opportunity and are hungry to make an impact within a leading décor brand please apply to be considered.