Senior Category Manager
Competitive basic + Bonus + Car + Benefits
Location: West London (currently 2 days a week)
From its origins as a small family business which started in 1920, Noble has developed into a multi-division, fast moving, innovative food business with a turnover in excess of £600m, employing over 1,700 people in the UK and France. Each of our divisions is unique, offering different challenges and exciting career opportunities.
We have an informal style and believe in pushing responsibility and accountability down to the local level. Whichever division you work for, we believe in training and developing all our colleagues and providing an environment where everyone can achieve their full potential.
Noble Foods is a family business and simply we are the leading supplier of eggs in the UK both directly to supermarkets and for use in egg products in food service, food manufacturers and leading restaurant chains. In 2020, we were also awarded a Good Egg award by Compassion in World Farming for our commitment to animal welfare.
Noble has extensive experience in building brands, from creating the & launching the happy egg co. brand backed up with significant TV advertising to launching the first organic egg brand Purely Organic in 2018. Our strength in building brands has also been demonstrated by the growth of Gu since our ownership in 2010.
To lead the agenda with our external customers and internal functions to drive mutual category growth in line with our company objectives. Delivering through the development & implementation of category initiatives with bespoke retailer specific tailoring, detailed insight and presenting to our key customers. Expanding our network of contacts beyond the buyer so we have a cross functional contract matrix up and across the customer organisation
- Lead key accounts with regular client meetings across the network of contacts to drive category growth
- Work with Sales & Marketing teams to provide regular insights on opportunities within the market
- Develop, Build and sustain relationships with key retail contacts
- Influencing key category and buying stakeholders in major retailers (range reviews, space, distribution, display, promotional planning ad hoc projects) through clear insight led rationale to achieve optimum execution & results in store for the Noble Foods UK categories
- Be of graduate calibre with branded and or own label FMCG experience
- Strong category management experience with 2 years at management level
- Previous customer facing experience & a track record of relationship building
- Balance of strategic and tactical experience
- Great analytical skills with a good working knowledge of market data sources
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with a creative flair
- Excellent knowledge of the UK grocery market
- Persuasive, ability to build strong rapport and a driver of positive change
- Able to work with ambiguity and be flexibly minded and offer innovative solutions
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2962/117
All third party applications will be forwarded to our recruitment partner Nicky Stapleton at Veritas Partnership Ltd
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.