Technical Food Auditor
Midlands (with North and South coverage)
Technical Food Auditor (BRCGS) £40k - £54k + Company Car + 10% Bonus + Benefits
Do you have a background in Technical Food Auditing and want to be part of a innovative staff centric business?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the centre of quality within the business, which is what this company is so highly regarded for. You will play an essential role in upholding this reputation.
My client is a leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. They employ almost 100,000 people globally and are rapidly growing. Their work is recognised as a global benchmark for quality.
The client has a fantastic working culture of innovation, collaboration and a future-oriented working environment. Which enables their employees to reach their full potential!
As a Food Auditor, you will be responsible for ensuring that all the products, meet and maintain the high levels of the food safety standards.
- Ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfil customer expectations
- Provide accurate and timely reporting as required by line management to assist the planning and management of operations
- Enhance client satisfaction and ensure compliance with standards
- Undertake personal professional development and ensure appropriate training records and personal logs are updated to maintain relevant auditor registrations and relevant industry knowledge
- Support business development activities as required (including follow up and/or referral of enquiries, sales visits, assistance at events, seminars, etc) to enable on-going growth of the business
- Maintain good relations with scheme owners, clients, auditors, global product and segment managers
The Ideal Candidate:
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive food certification experience working for a Certification Body. You will also require an excellent working knowledge of BRCGS standards, compliance and auditing techniques, HACCP/risk analysis and certification requirements.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following.
- A detailed understanding of the standards for which audits/technical reviews are being undertaken
- Excellent working knowledge of management systems, standards and compliance/auditing techniques
- A solid understanding of accreditation requirements
- Effective interpersonal skills; able to develop good working relationships with people at all levels
- Attention to detail with ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change - committed to continuous personal and professional development
Education / Training requirements:
- First degree, or tertiary equivalent - i.e. BA/BSc, HND in Food or bioscience related discipline * Registered as a BRC Food or ISO/FSSC 22000 Auditor
- BRC Lead Auditor Qualification
- Recognised HACCP (minimum of 2 days duration with examination)
- BRC Understanding Requirements Courses with Merit pass
- Degree in packaging or EQIPT qualification (or benchmarked equivalent)
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of managing and leading teams
- Experience of HALAL, Gluten Free, AOECS and Kosher requirements and non-food standards
- Experience in a range of food industry processing sectors
- Experience in food packaging manufacturing process
- Experience auditing against recognised standards
This is a full time position offering a salary of £40k - £54k for a candidate with all the experience and qualifications at the top end and the package includes a company car a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.