Business Development Manager
Wholesale Accounts, Retail, Catering & Foodservice
South West England (Devon) -
- Are you a passionate and talented National Accounts Manager / Business Development Manager?
- Do you have at least 1-3 years sales experience within the Food sector?
- Are you looking for a new challenge / the next step in your career?
This could be the role that you have been looking for…
We are looking for an ambitious and dedicated Business Development Manager, with account management experience, to join this growing chilled food business based in beautiful Devon.
Reporting to the General Manager, as a key member of the Sales team, with the support of a Marketing Assistant and a Sales Analyst – you will manage and develop profitable turnover by taking responsibility for an existing portfolio of customers and securing new accounts in wholesale, retail, catering and food service.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Support the GM, and wider Sales team, in delivering the Sales Plan
- Support the customer by delivering clear sales, marketing and promotional plans.
- Build and manage strong relationships with existing and new clients
- Agree / Negotiate sales prices and product ranges
- Promote new products
- Maximise sales and profit growth across all managed accounts
- Drive sales whilst managing cost against budget
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Demonstrable track record of achievement working with major national accounts – ideally gained within the Wholesale and Cash & Carry sectors
- Experience in branded food products
- Experience in sales and negotiation within Food / FMCG environment
- Target driven
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) – able to communicate cross functionally with internal and external customers.
- Capable of interpreting and delivering on business objectives
- Capable of developing and demonstrating in-depth knowledge of products and services
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Full Drivers license and happy to conduct regular customer visits
This role could suit a Territory salesperson with 2-4 years’ experience from an FMCG / Food manufacturing background, looking to further their career.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a basic salary of circa £35k (dependant on skills and experience) plus Laptop, Phone and Bonus.
This is a wonderful time to take a key role in a growing business that is competing strongly in an exciting category. The business already has great listings with a fantastic range of customers but still has the potential for exceptional growth.