Ceuta Group is a global consumer brand service organisation working with some of the most dynamic brands in Health & Personal Care, Food & Drink and Household Categories. Our 450+ employees across the Ceuta Group support every aspect of brand growth for our clients and customers. Ceuta Healthcare, the flagship company based in Bournemouth, was established 25 years ago and continues to develop brands by offering key insights and category expertise to deliver great results consistently. Our business model and bespoke approach make us an invaluable business partner, and our Gold Investors in People accreditation demonstrates that we value our talented people and recognise that they are integral for helping us achieve our goals.
We currently have a vacancy for a Client Manager in our Go2Grocery team. This is a full time, head office-based, fixed-term position for up to 13 months covering maternity leave reporting to our Director of Go2Grocery.
This important role is responsible for the development of Go2Grocery client relationships in order to achieve profitable sales and distribution of our clients’ products within the UK, in line with client and company objectives and operating standards.
- Interface for selected Go2Grocery clients. To work closely with these clients to develop and deliver growth strategies within UK multiples, grocery, grocery convenience and food service.
- Manage and be the lead contact for a multiple client portfolio including one large priority client
- Achieve key business objectives as agreed with line manager and clients
- Prepare and lead regular client review meetings with varying frequencies (large client = monthly)
- Liaise with Go2Grocery customer business management and operations team to ensure delivery of Go2Grocery and client sales objectives
- Provide the customer business management team with:
- The data needed for effective sales gap analysis and range review recommendations
- Relevant trade presentations and sales aids
- Category solutions (planogram recommendations / POS)
- Insights based on weekly sales data
- Trade promotional plans & Trade media plans where appropriate
- Feed-back competitor activity / market trends / trade news to the client
- Manage partner marketing relationships and activities where appropriate including the UK Marketing & PR solution for one of our key clients
- Liaise with operations team and Customer Business Managers and manage the input to ensure an accurate rolling 12-month sales forecast to operational team and clients
- Manage and report on annual trade promotional budgets, ensuring no financial exposure to Client or Go2Grocery
- Provide clients with sales analysis on request
- Achieve and maintain company administrative standards
- Carry out any other reasonable task or tasks in connection with the job function, as requested by line manager
The key competencies required for this role are:
- Minimum 2 years’ FMCG experience within a commercial role (sales, marketing or operations).
- Experience of working with clients ideally within sales, trade marketing or category management (working within grocery is ideal but not a prerequisite)
- Experience and understanding of grocery trade sectors (multiples, convenience, discounters)
- Experience of using IRI/Nielsen Market Data is desirable
- A good standard of education including Maths and English.
- A strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance, including ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, return on capital employed and sales modelling.
- The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level in order to analyse trends and create commercial recommendations.
- The ability to use PowerPoint to an intermediate level in order to create impactful presentations for the trade and client review meetings.
- Understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise these in client recommendations and proposals.
- The ability to utilise web-based retailer portals and use them effectively to identify and analyse data.
- A good understanding of external factors and industry knowledge that may affect client business.
- The ability to communicate and negotiate in order to interface effectively within all levels of a client’s business including senior director level.
- The ability to use initiative and work autonomously in order to manage your own responsibilities ensuring that work is completed within set deadlines.
- Competitive remuneration DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension
- Healthcare Scheme
- Reimbursed parking in central Bournemouth
- Sick pay after 6 months
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2020, but for exceptional candidates we will consider applications made after this date.