Are you a proven commercial leader with UK Grocery channel experience?
After being recommended to the business, Henson Recruitment are working exclusively on a rare opportunity that has arisen for this FMCG SME – to bring in a solid (Board Level) Sales Director as the business is just venturing in to a new phase of growth and development. The business has an excellent customer portfolio offering both Branded and Own Label products and is continuing to invest by expanding the commercial team.
Sales Director – Grocery | SME FMCG | East Midlands region | £80-100k + Package
This SME has a good news story behind the heritage and is restructuring so they require the new Sales Director to have a growth mentality to help move the company from a large>small business to a small>large business. You will have solid experience working with UK Grocery customers and a demonstrable background in developing and bringing brands to life. The company is mostly branded but also has a number of Own Label agreements in place with major retailers and like most, has also seen a boom in E-commerce sales throughout 2020.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- A proven UK Grocery commercial leader within the Food industry
- A sales and development record of the highest order with Brand & Own Label food products
- Excellent people and team management skills with the ability to manage both under and over performers
- Must be able to restructure a commercial function and get the best out of making hard decisions
- A hands-on performed with grocery customers
- Hold a growth mentality with the adaptability of working in an SME
- Cross functional experience of working with wider teams such as Marketing, NPD & 3rd party stakeholders
- East Midlands based and you must be commutable from Nottm, Leics, Warks, Derby, Lincs, Northants
The role requires a proven Sales Director with good working knowledge of Category, NPD and Marketing across the UK Grocery sector.
Due to high volume advert responses anticipated for this role, if you do not receive acknowledgment or a reply to your application within 14 days – please feel free to follow up although it is likely that your application has been unsuccessful. If this is the case, please continue reviewing vacancies with Henson Recruitment moving forward.