Our client is a producer and distributor of personal care and beauty brands to most major retailers in the UK as well as 30 International markets.
The business creates, develop and distributes commercially strong brands, all of which, are produced and manufactured in the UK. As sales & marketing experts, the business is driven by innovation, brand marketing as well as service and quality
To manage, lead and develop the company’s largest brand. Ensure all branded development and communication is within all necessary brand guidelines across products, trade, media and digital to grow market share and ultimately sales
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To effectively work across the complete marketing mix working closely with team members in Product Development, PR and Sales.
- To be responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive brand plans that demonstrates knowledge of trends, positioning, rationale and the brand’s role in the category.
- To be accountable to the Commercial Director for the protection of brands and the sign off of all brand guidelines.
- To be responsible for the management and awareness of brand / product launches on time
- Develop and deliver Trade Marketing plans suited to the various channels and product tiers within the UK market.
- To proactively create marketing collateral for trade and consumer and online
- To be responsible for the communication of clear and consistent brand messaging and tone of voice.
- To be accountable for managing multiple projects within agreed timescales.
- To be responsible for the management of external contacts including PR Agency, Creative Agency, Focus Groups etc.
- To monitor brand performance and product life cycles, using sales, financial, market and consumer data.
- To be responsible for ensuring marketing spend is in line with the budget.
- To manage and agree Product P & L.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Be experienced in Beauty Brand Management
- Excellent communication skills and able to present at a high level and with customers.
- Be a team player and team maker, equally being able to work autonomously when required.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience of managing commercial relationships with external parties, i.e. Retailers/Creative Agencies/Focus groups.
- Project Management – Manage multiple projects and ad hoc requests.
- Strong working knowledge and management of budgets.