My client is a global manufacturer of houseware and garden products. Their smart, industry-leading designs have been internationally recognized and won numerous awards. A sustainable brand with 100% of their products made from recycled material.
Due to growth, our client is recruiting a Key Account Manager to join their team. As National Account Manager you will inherit a portfolio of accounts across Grocery, High Street and Discount channels. You will also be expected to prospect for new business within those channels.You will contribute to company sales and marketing strategies as part of the UK account team and ensures their implementation. Maximises activation both on-line and in-store to achieve sales, distribution and profit targets for the agreed live and prospective account portfolio.
A background in Housewares or Garden products would be an advantage.
- Actively seeks to maximise distribution of all product ranges at head office level for a range of accounts as defined by the Channel Manager.
- In conjunction with their manager, delivers the agreed plan to deliver the budget.
- Creates and has responsibility for;
- 12 month rolling range
- 12 month rolling promotional plan
- 12 month rolling demand/order cycle
- 12 month rolling NPD plan
- Implements agreed pricing strategies in accordance with company policy.
- Actively seeks new business/secure new product launches from their assigned distribution channels as agreed with the Channel Manager.
- Ensures each account is developed to achieve full turnover and distribution potential within the agreed parameters of any commercialisation plans.
- Maintains an active target list with specific, measurable and achievable goals.
- Maintains accurate records to provide efficient, effective controls for all sales activities within the agreed sales structure processes.
- Manages the payment days and overdues to within the agreed terms
- Pro-actively manages excess & obsolete to clear within the account
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with designated customer at all levels
- Target driven / results orientated
- Ability to build relationships with all levels and departments
- Must exhibit creativity and proactive approach in problem solving
- Excellent team player and ability to work cross functionally
- Resilient and positive attitude
- Demonstrates and actively promotes company values
- Well-developed communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Proven track record in a similar position with at least 5 years experience
- Clearly identifies with the ways of working between supplier and retailer
- Can demonstrate past successes in Sales / Key Account Management
- A creative thinker who can communicate their ideas across multitude of functions
- Enjoys number crunching with an analytical approach to planning ahead
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Full driving licence
- Ability to travel extensively within the UK on frequent basis and overseas as required by the business