Our client is an export wholesaler and distributor of European grocery brands to international markets. They already represent some iconic British brands. Due to expansion plans are looking for an experienced international sales manager to help take them further.
As they are going through a period of rapid growth this will be a key role within the company which gives exposure and involvement to all areas of the business. Although the team is small, they deliver big results and promote a company culture where employees support each other in all areas.
This role would suit an ambitious candidate who has outgrown a similar role and is now keen to take on extra responsibility, and eager to make difference in the company. In return they are offering a competitive basic salary plus a generous bonus, full business mileage reimbursement, Mobile and Laptop.
This position will be office based in Wokingham, Berkshire and is a full-time permanent role.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, the principal job purpose of the Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Achieve respective annual budgets
- Develop business strategy and execute for house brands in both home and international markets
- Be responsible for developing new international markets for company product portfolio
- Regular travel to sales territories / key markets to ensure the delivery of the sales strategy by exceeding sales and margin budgets
- Be passionate about both consumer brands and the export market.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience as national account/sales manager or international sales within the FMCG sector ideally food & drink.
- Will be a team player
- The ability to think strategically is essential, supported by demonstrable commercial acumen and data analysis skills.
- Have an appreciation of the demands of a fast-paced Supply Chain with a “can-do” attitude, and have some familiarity with the unique challenges that International Food Supply Chains can create.
- Must be highly organised, with an ability to work autonomously and prioritise effectively
- A self-starter with positive, results-driven approach
- Efficient with MS Office excel and PowerPoint at professional level
- International culture awareness
- An additional international language will be an advantage but not essential