International Sales & Marketing Manager – German Speaker
Competitive Salary + Benefits.
London with travel
A fantastic one off opportunity to transform the growth of a unique FMCG brand in their biggest international market through a marketing and innovation driven brand relaunch.
This is an exciting, dynamic ‘roll your sleeves up’ role with full ownership of all brand components and sales plans. By fully immersing yourself in what makes the German consumer and marketplace tick, you will develop plans on how to make the brand more meaningful and relevant to the German consumer and manage our distributor in the market.
You will be analysing where and how to grow, develop the new brand positioning, creative platform, support model and innovation pipeline geared solely to growing the German business. After selling your ideas into the leadership team, you will then own and monitor the execution plan with the distributor regularly presenting with them face to face to the trade.
This is not a role where you will have a big brand activation budget and glossy marketing plans on day one. This is all about cultivating some new thinking that will enable investment to flow. So, not your classic brand or NPD role - this is a transformation opportunity requiring some new courses of action that will really test your strategic, operational, analytical and conceptual skills.
It’s one of the company’s key strategic imperatives and a role which will give you plenty of exposure to the entire organisation from the commercial team, to operations, technical department and our Head Chef. You will also regularly interface with the leadership team and Managing Director to present your ideas, recommendations and the commercial results of your specific initiatives and choices.
This role combines responsibilities in brand management, account management, innovation, category management and financial ownership, so the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- High energy, passionate and true can do attitude is essential for this rewarding challenge.
- A real passion for food, curious into the latest food trends and insights, with a natural flair to create new food ideas well optimised to the German consumer.
- Strong expertise in NPD development, project management and market implementation.
- Strategic brand development skills including positioning development, communications and brand identity.
- Strong international account management skills with previous experience of German or European distributors
- Commercially astute with strong financial analysis skills including P&L analysis and profitability development.
- Will relish getting stuck into the Nielsen data to properly evaluate the performance of your initiatives, and to construct powerful category arguments to grow the market.
- The gravitas and personal impact to become the ‘internal expert’ of the German business, able to challenge previous conceptions, opinions and hypotheses with fresh and exciting thinking.
- Excellent stakeholder management and emotional maturity to collaboratively align curious stakeholders with your thinking.
- Will thrive working independently across this broad skills remit, be self-starting, proactive and well motivated from such a business challenge
- Fluent German and English are mandatory. The role is part based in London with travel
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/175
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.