Site Technical Manager
£55,000 plus car allowance & benefits
Langmead Herbs is one of the top suppliers to leading UK retailers, supplying a range of cut, bunched and potted fresh herbs. Since entering the herb market in 2012, Langmead have used their expertise to innovate and promote the growth of the herb category.
Langmead is a family run and owned business based in West Sussex, holding over 2,700 hectares of prime agricultural and horticultural land. Despite growing into a commercially-sound business, Langmead Herbs hopes to keep their family-values at the heart of everything they do, focussing on amongst other things the development and support of their people. In addition to developing high performing teams, another priority is focussing on the needs of their customers.
Langmead Herbs is a strong believer of giving back to the community, regularly hosting fundraisers and events to aid local charities. Currently, Langmead Herbs has ambitious plans to continue their level of growth, to promote a presence in the global market and innovate through development of new products.
They now have an exciting and newly created opportunity for an experienced technical professional with a strong site background to take on a wide range of food safety and compliance related projects across the companies 2 sites in West Sussex.
The main purpose of your role as Site Technical Manager will be to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the technical function, embedding a HACCP based food safety system underpinned with appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the business meets all current UK and European legislation from a food safety perspective. You will also be expected to deliver on all customer technical requirements in full, ensuring that communication to customers exceeds their own expectations.
Other accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring technical policies & procedures deliver finished products that meet all current, relevant food safety legislation and customer Codes of Practice.
- Robust management of a HACCP based food safety system, comprising policies and procedures that will deliver BRC AA grade performance and exceed all customer technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain an industry leading QMS across both sites.
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance of an effective and structured microbiological and pesticide residue programme.
- Managing the internal audit programme.
- Providing strong leadership and development for the team of 4 OAs across 2 sites.
- Taking a leadership role in direct customer communication on technical issues, giving all retail customers industry leading technical support.
- Lead complaint reduction initiatives for the site, communicating plans and progression to the business.
- Providing guidance & support to the Operations team to ensure any new processes or amendments to existing processes through lean development are both effective and technically compliant.
- Ensuring that all existing Health & Safety policies and procedures are fully complied with by all technical employees.
To be considered for this exciting new opportunity, it is essential that you have at least 3 years technical management experience, preferably within a chilled food, horti or fresh produce environment. Experience of delivering high level BRC audits, complied with a strong knowledge of UK food legislation is also key. Above all, you must be a bold and decisive technical leader with the ability to influence both internally and externally at all levels, across multiple functions.
Langmead Herbs are looking for a self-motivated individual, with high levels of energy and enthusiasm that matches their own. It is key that all applicants truly are passionate about the journey that Langmead Herbs are undertaking and are keen to part of their next development phase.
If you believe you have the aforementioned experience and would like to discuss this role further, please contact email@example.com
Any direct applications will be forwarded to Clear Edge Search & Selection as the retained recruitment partner.