A great opportunity for someone with 12-24mths experience working within a food role and is passionate in bringing food development to life. The company is a #1 brand in category in addition to own label products to major UK retailers. Having experience in factory trials is essential for this position which may lead to longer contract, potentially permanent depending on how the current new launches respond in 2021.
Senior Food Technologist | 12mth Fixed-Term Contract | £27,000 - 30,000 | Northamptonshire
You will recommend opportunities for product quality improvements as well as cost reductions and building collaborative relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders. Your experience in managing EPD/NPD projects will be essential as you will need to be able to demonstrate managing projects from brief to manufacturing handover ensuring deadlines are hit and quality is delivered. The role will be focused on developing recipes for a new brand as well as reformulating a lot of existing recipes in line with some new ingredient regulations.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Some experience of working in a NPD, Process Development or R&D role within a food business
- Experience of Brand and/or Own Label food products would be an advantage
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrable experience
- Must have hands-on factory trials experience
- Comfortable with running production trials for NPD/EPD projects whilst capturing and analysing trial data
- Must be able to create and agree raw materials Technical Specifications, reviewing results and making recommendations for improvements
- Experience in leading product panels and identifying opportunities to improve quality as well as reducing costs
- Ideally have experience in launching new Product/Brand range and creating new recipes in line with regulations
- Must be able to work in the Leics/Northants/Warks region on a daily basis with some flexibility of working from home
Due to high volume advert responses anticipated for this role, if you do not receive acknowledgment or a reply to your application within 14 days – please feel free to follow up although it is likely that your application has been unsuccessful. If this is the case, please continue reviewing vacancies with Henson Recruitment moving forward.