An outstanding opportunity to join a branded toy business dedicated to the continued growth of Amazon as an account.
The Amazon Ecommerce Manager is responsible for the Amazon business, driving growth and profitability by executing the basics brilliantly, identifying new opportunities and driving change. You will know that account managing Amazon is atypical of an account manager role; you will be obsessed with data and metrics and will be the driving force behind other teams to ensure best in class product launches and continuous market share growth. You will need to be comfortable working strategically, looking at long-term opportunities across sales, operations, marketing and demand planning, and have the tenacity to gain buy-in from key stakeholders and land change. Equally, you will understand the need to be involved in the day to day business needs; nothing is out of scope
Key Responsibility & Results:
Account Management & Development
- Delivery of sales and margin is the number one KPI. Own the P&L of the Amazon.co.uk account; forecast and deliver the revenue and profit for the Amazon business.
- Identify missed sales, dive deep to understand root cause, and deliver a plan to prevent lost sales in the future
- Work with the Amazon team to understand their needs, performance metrics, timetables, etc. Liaise with internal stakeholders to enable the businesses to trade successfully
- Work with our external agency to co-ordinate item set-up, content, and assets with local teams and our global marketing team
- Work with our Amazon sales teams in Europe to align plans and optimize how our businesses work together
- Be the expert on the products, categories, and our competition.
- Manage day to day service issues.
- Work with the Demand Planner to review performance vs forecast, maximize forecast accuracy and build POS projections based on insights and trends
Customer Site Marketing
- Lead communication with Amazon on key events.
- Coordinate AMS (Search Campaigns) with Marketing.
- Regular communication with teams to co-ordinate business plans and action steps.
- Respond to or acknowledge all requests in a timely manner.
About the Company:
- A leading branded manufacturer of toys, this global business boasts many well-known brands within its portfolio and they continue to experience unprecedented growth in the toy sector. Number 1 in many of their categories it is a great time to join the business.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
You will be managing Amazon currently and have extensive experience of increasing sales with them.
- Deep knowledge and thorough understanding of retail.com product and brand pages, and opportunities for optimization
- Understanding of digital retail landscape with specific emphasis and knowledge on Amazon.co.uk analytics
- Highly motivated with a strong record of detail focus, deadline meeting and results-driven
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate the data into digestible points
- Exceptional attention to detail, with strong organisational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with other teams in different locales. This role will require working with teams such as Key accounts, Sales, Demand Planning and Marketing
- Strong financial acumen - Margin/Forecast Planning/ Budget Management.
- Ability to think on your feet and contingency plan.
- Formal knowledge customers’ communicative/administrative/planning tools (Vendor Central, ARA Premium, AMS)
- Knowledge of FOB and Domestic shipping procedures required
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft office – Excel, Word, PPT).
To £55000 Basic (dependent on experience) + Bonus + Car Allowance + Benefits
Contact: Shelley Velati
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.