Commercial Sales Director, National
We are looking for a Commercial Sales Director, ideally Midlands based, to join the Total Produce Foodservice business. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering the strategic sales direction for the foodservice business nationally, by focussing on the enhancement of profitable performance and developing the future growth of our business.
About the Role - your impact as a Commercial Sales Director
• National account management, managing and enhancing existing relationships through identifying opportunities for new business
• Drive the strategic objectives in relation to sales development and new business growth to increase our overall commercial positioning
• Line Manager responsibility for several direct reports including the Foodservice Sales Manager with a dotted line to their core team
• A key leader within the business expected to exhibit strong leadership skills in terms of influencing others and providing vision and direction to drive the business forward
• Setting and ensuring delivery of targets for sales growth
• Manage progress against the annual sales plan and ensure delivery of targets towards plan
• Increasing market share by growing sales with existing clients and from generating sales through new clients
• Aware of current market sector trends and competitor activity aligned to enhance new business opportunities
• Oversee sales development to ensure targets are met and new sales are identified and generated
About you - your skills and experience
• Will have held senior sales positions and is able to demonstrate extensive experience operating at a senior level within the food sector, specifically wholesaling food to catering customers
• An understanding of multi-site operations preferred
• Exceptional commercial acumen evidenced through proven sales and negotiation in developing and exceeding measurable targets
• Adept at building relationships with an ability to demonstrate drive and enthusiasm to lead, engage and motivate others
• A confident communicator with a high level of both written and interpersonal communication
• Results driven evidenced through strong analytical competency and budgetary control
• IT literate able to understand and manipulate data to produce detailed reports
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
About Total Produce
Total Produce is one of the world’s largest and most accomplished fresh produce producers and providers. Local at heart, Global by nature, Total Produce operates out of 30 countries while serving many more. Serving the retail, wholesale and foodservice sectors, Total Produce is a complete fresh produce solution provider offering comprehensive services to our customers ranging from service provision to complete Category Management.