As a leading Own Label Chilled Business our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. The strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both NPD and Leading Edge Category solutions. As part of their continued growth they now wish to appoint a Junior Commercial Manager to one of their key Business Units.
As the Jnr Commercial Manager you will take full P&L accountability for 2 key customers, which equates to a sizeable piece of the overall sales/profit of the business unit, hence the role is a highly challenging one. You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the category and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with Food Deveopment and Packaging, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Managing & Building New Business
- Lead Matrix Projects
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Full appreciation of the complexity of dealing with challenging customers
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Deliver price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports central brand direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Whilst you will be fully supported by the BUD to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a Growth focused environment where strength of character is key. The Business offers successful employees a clear structured career path which they can follow across the several divisions they operate.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Retailer Brand or Branded across one or more of the following channels:
- Cash & Carry
Candidates from a Retail "Buying" background are also welcome.
Additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic Regional Account Manager Candidates. But Financial Acumen and Strong Negotiations skills are a must, as this role will test the toughest of characters.