A major FMCG business who are at the forefront of the UK Grocery, Wholesale & Foodservice channels are seeking an Own Label Manager with a strong commercial background. The business has seen growth through acquisitions and product innovation and continues to invest in delivering consumer needs.
Commercial Own Label Manager | Own Label Food | £35,000 - 50,000 | Cambridgeshire
Reporting into the Marketing Controller, you will lead all Own Label projects covering NPD launches, and upgrades in addition to packaging and label amendments. The role will be measured by delivery of profitability and Own Label projects hitting deadlines and targets. You will work closely with external and internal stakeholders such as Technical, Commercial, Marketing and Retailer teams. Responsibility for Project Management, Quality Benchmarking and Reporting in addition to excellent Customer Relationship Management so customer facing experience is essential.
You must have previously run projects whilst making recommendations and experienced siutations where yu have had to challenge back. You need to be comfortable leading and motivating a project team but also prioritising and pushing back when required. There will be many internal competing priorities so you need to be a strong character.
The successful candidate with have the following criteria:-
- Must have Own Label Food experience
- Strong leadership qualities withe ability to influence and challenge
- Solid P&L understanding and the ability to analyse data
- Understanding of Development and New Product Launch experience is essential
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to think creatively
- Customer facing experience with a good understanding of needs regarding Own Label
- Project management – leading projects and management of project tracking
- Cross functional working approach with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage complex cross functional projects
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with an adaptive style
- Comfortable with dealing with conflict and agreeing a way forward
- Degree educated
- Must be comfortable with working in the Cambridgeshire area on a daily basis
** This indivual is likely to come from either a Commercial (NAM) or Marketing background with extensive knowledge of Own Label food products and Top4 Grocery experience. Ideally with a Graduate with 3-5yrs experience.
Due to high volume advert responses anticipated, if you do not receive acknowledgment or a reply to your application within 14 days – please feel free to follow up although it is likely that your application has been unsuccessful. If this is the case, please continue reviewing vacancies with Henson Recruitment moving forward.