Senior Category Manager
Competitive basic + bonus + benefits
London head office 2/3 x a week + homeworking
Great business, great brands and in growth, how lucky are we in these times, thank goodness for food?
In the last 5 years we’ve developed further with our innovative and category leading brands! With even more growth planned, exciting times ahead.
We know that’s a big ask but that’s where you come in!!
We need an outstanding FMCG “foodie” to join our pacey, agile environment. You’ll be a Category Manager looking to develop your category expertise, reporting to the Category Controller you will be providing demonstrable shopper insights of the market relative to the competition, whilst simultaneously helping the national account team to grow the category within the defined channel of trade.
- Manage key accounts with regular client virtual meetings to drive category growth
- Work with Sales & Marketing teams to provide regular insights on opportunities within the market
- Build and sustain relationships with key retail contacts
- Use insight to influence range and merchandising plans at category reviews
- Provide detailed analysis and insights on category opportunities
- Provide analytical support in the development of category plans
- Work with the internal team to meet company targets & brand growth.
- Working in conjunction with Senior Category Manager to deliver key insights and recommendations for category / range reviews and retailer corporate initiatives.
- Periodic category reviews with buyer including the updating of the period reports.
- Budget management.
You will be an Ambitious Category Manager in FMCG or an Experienced Account Manager with an agency looking to work with great people and products;
- Demonstrate a professional manner, be very commercially aware and is interested in what the competition are doing;
- Strong networking and influencing skills at all levels;
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills;
- Have high attention to detail;
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and virtually;
- Be able to build outstanding customer relationships and have impeccable 'people skills';
- Have good presentation skills;
- Able to work well on your own, or with a wide range of people from different parts of the business;
- Enjoy working in a busy, deadline driven and creative environment; and above all have fun doing it
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV in Word format quoting ref number 2962-117gj.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.