Established 30 years, Rich Sauces, are a leading, award winning manufacturer of outstanding mayonnaise, sauces, bouillons, and dressings, selling into markets in the UK, Ireland, Europe and the USA.
We have a skilled and dedicated production facility, based in County Down, Northern Ireland, with a strong and growing customer base in the food industry. Working with large scale food service companies and manufacturers we produce new products in a variety of ways that keep up with the latest trends in food. We work in partnership with our customers to add value to their businesses through innovation, developing menus and applications for food to go, deli’s, cafes, restaurants, fast and casual dining operators. We pride ourselves on maintaining lasting relationships with our customers with this flexible approach to their business needs and a commitment to offer a great service. We have recently launched a new award- winning range of vegan mayo products and have launched into retail with the “Only Plant Based!” brand. (itsonlyplantbased.com)
Having managed our way through the unprecedented circumstances that Covid-19 pandemic created, we have proved our resilience as a business and now emerge stronger and more determined to continue our success and development. With increased diversity in our product range and investment in new infrastructure, we are now in the position to re-focus on our plans for future growth and development. Before Lockdown we planned a major expansion into the UK which we will now pursue. To drive our plans for future growth aligned with a shift in focus of our marketing approach, we are looking for a highly motivated National Sales Manager with extensive experience in the food industry. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic committed professional to join the leadership team. A strategic thinker with knowledge and experience that can deliver an accelerated growth plan for Rich Sauces? Are you a strong negotiator, with good commercial acumen who has built and managed major accounts and led teams to achieve success whilst establishing and maintaining good relationships along the way? Do you want to be pivotal in shaping the future growth and direction of an already successful business? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Responsibilities of the National Sales Manager:
These include developing and implementing effective sales strategies that allow for business growth in GB in line with objectives set out in a Business Plan. Working with the team, you’ll maximize current sales opportunities and actively search out new business, finding new routes to market and innovative ideas that will accelerate business growth. Your ability to develop and maintain “partnership” relationships with internal and external clients will be key to success and will allow you to provide feedback and market intelligence to all areas of the business to ensure we provide what the customers need, staying ahead of trends.
Requirements of the National Sales Manager:
To be successful in this role, you will need to have proven experience as a Sales Manager or Accounts Manager with food service focus at a national or regional level.
You’ll have a successful track record of growing business year on year, delivering against ambitious sales targets and will have demonstrated your ability to lead, inspire and coach teams to achieve results. You’ll also have a strong working knowledge of the food market in GB and demonstrable success in engaging with key customers and stakeholders. A strong knowledge of sauces, mayonnaises and bouillon product would be helpful.
We offer a competitive salary package, and excellent benefits and the opportunity to join a highly successful experienced and passionate team of people, leading them to deliver real change. Our offices and factory are based in Newtownards, Northern Ireland but this role will be a flexible home-based role in GB with extensive travel in the region.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To develop a strategy for accelerated sales growth in line with Company 5-year business plan
- To work with the Senior Management team to deliver on revenue and sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, maximising on existing sales opportunities and exploring new sales opportunities with major accounts and new routes to market.
- To build Rich Sauces’ brand and reputation through development of profitable solutions throughout the business cycle.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and introduce strategic sales and marketing plans across GB
- Establish meaningful challenging targets and achieve them
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key accounts
- Ensure accurate sales reporting, systems development and improvement.
- Work with BDMs Nationally to develop direct customer base in manufacturing customers/retailers and maximise current sales opportunities in GB.
- Prioritise and target new customers / accounts / business opportunities.
- Build new “partnership” relationships whilst managing and maintaining existing relationships.
- Provide market intelligence.